Delta

RA8R55

Delta

Post by RA8R55 »

Wanted to head out to the delta tomorrow. Anyone having any success? Is it worth the trip?
JoeLanghans

Re: Delta

Post by JoeLanghans »

No, go fish Oroville instead
monte300

Post by monte300 »

We fished the Delta yesterday and struggled hard
HavocTheBeast

Post by HavocTheBeast »

Fished the Delta Saturday and Sunday. Both days we're pretty much a struggle.

On Saturday, my friend caught a nice 4lb striper (probably 25in+) and another large 9lb 2oz striper (probably 40in+... forgot our measuring tape that day) within the first 20min. Released back. The rest of the day was brutal. A few shakers here and there, but bites were few and very far in between (sometimes a few hours between bites). marked a few spots with fish, but they weren't biting in the afternoon.

Went back out Sunday with the wife, and I caught a 4lb 15oz largemouth in the early morning with a jerkbait and a 6lb 7oz largemouth in the afternoon on a dropshot. Both released back. Again, it was a slow bite with only a very few shakers here and there. The wife only got 1 bite trolling minnows all day and that was her only bite. She was pretty bummed out.

Water clarity was pretty good over the weekend. Sherman Island was slightly murky in several areas, but for the most part, visibility wasn't too big of an issue. Big Break, Bethel Island and Franks had much better visibility though.

Going to try again next week.
Synwyn

Post by Synwyn »

I did very well on the delta this weekend. On Saturday, some friends and I fished Sugar Barge/Frank's. I searched isolated tullies near deeper channels and caught 4 fish between 2-3 lbs. I was pretty confident in the pattern, but every fish was pretty cookie cutter. After that, I went looking for docks near deeper water that had isolated rip rap near them. I found the bigger fish stacked on the docks and the rip rap. Pulled out a 3lber, 4lber and a 6lber on this pattern with a few others between the 2-3 lb range. My best 5 probably went for 18-19 lbs.

On Sunday, we fished Big Break and I caught a good one on the same tullie pattern on the outside of big break near the main channels - the big girls haven't moved up in there yet. Caught that 4 lber and a few in the 2lb range, and probably 25+ dinks between 8-12 inches.
th365thli

Post by th365thli »

Synwyn wrote:I did very well on the delta this weekend. On Saturday, some friends and I fished Sugar Barge/Frank's. I searched isolated tullies near deeper channels and caught 4 fish between 2-3 lbs. I was pretty confident in the pattern, but every fish was pretty cookie cutter. After that, I went looking for docks near deeper water that had isolated rip rap near them. I found the bigger fish stacked on the docks and the rip rap. Pulled out a 3lber, 4lber and a 6lber on this pattern with a few others between the 2-3 lb range. My best 5 probably went for 18-19 lbs.

On Sunday, we fished Big Break and I caught a good one on the same tullie pattern on the outside of big break near the main channels - the big girls haven't moved up in there yet. Caught that 4 lber and a few in the 2lb range, and probably 25+ dinks between 8-12 inches.
Thanks for the report, I went on Friday right after the cold front and it was a struggle for me. Hopefully they'll be more active next week
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Spring is always a hit or miss time of year, but so far this year has been the toughest I can ever remember on the Delta. Hopefully the bite will break wide open soon.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

monte300 wrote:Spring is always a hit or miss time of year, but so far this year has been the toughest I can ever remember on the Delta. Hopefully the bite will break wide open soon.
:lol: :lol: have you seen the weights lately??
monte300

Post by monte300 »

JoeLanghans wrote:
monte300 wrote:Spring is always a hit or miss time of year, but so far this year has been the toughest I can ever remember on the Delta. Hopefully the bite will break wide open soon.
:lol: :lol: have you seen the weights lately??
Where are most of those weights coming from? Anything good coming from the eastern Delta aka Tiki Lagun/Whiskey Slough areas?
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

After this warm spell it should be pretty dang good ....
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
scooterb

Post by scooterb »

How are the conditions? Bass spawning yet? Here in Fresno, water temps are already in the 60s to mid.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

scooterb wrote:How are the conditions? Bass spawning yet? Here in Fresno, water temps are already in the 60s to mid.
It is time, water temps are ranging in the 61-63 range bucks are up shallow and some fish have already bedded down. The big push is on it's way and the River has been putting out some big fish for the past three weeks. The best time to get out there is when you have it, dont wait or it's gonna be summer before you know it!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/