Fisherman nursing a nasty wound after almost losing his life to a flesh-eating bacteria

WB Staff

Fisherman nursing a nasty wound after almost losing his life to a flesh-eating bacteria

Post by WB Staff »

fisherman flesh eating disease.png
OZONA, Fla. (FOX 13) - Fisherman Mike Walton is home from the hospital, nursing a nasty wound after almost losing his life to a flesh-eating bacteria.

It started with a minor accident a couple of weeks ago, when he was fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, near Ozona, Florida.

“I had hooked my hand in the afternoon not thinking anything of it,” Walton said. “It was amazing how fast it was spreading.

Small blisters on his hands later turned black. After a couple of days, he knew the antibiotics a doctor gave him weren’t working, so he drove himself to the emergency room in the middle of the night.

“They admitted me right off the spot and got me into surgery an hour or half or so,” he said.

Walton says doctors told him he had a very rare flesh-eating bacteria. Right now, they are working to determine what strain.

“When I woke up and [saw] my hand still attached, I was happy,” he said.

More from Fox News:
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/flesh- ... nellas-man
Mitch

Re: Fisherman nursing a nasty wound after almost losing his life to a flesh-eating bacteria

Post by Mitch »

DAMN !!! Guess I better start carrying a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide in the boat and clean out ANY cut or hook prick !!!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
mark poulson

Re: Fisherman nursing a nasty wound after almost losing his life to a flesh-eating bacteria

Post by mark poulson »

Mitch wrote:DAMN !!! Guess I better start carrying a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide in the boat and clean out ANY cut or hook prick !!!
That's a really good idea!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY