Boat Maintenance Day VIDEO

Caleb.Smith

Boat Maintenance Day VIDEO

Post by Caleb.Smith »

Had the day off and decided to take care of some much needed boat maintenance, if I didn't do it now it would never get done...
Mitch

Re: Boat Maintenance Day

Post by Mitch »

It's nice to see that someone else does their own maintenance too !! The seats look great too ! BassBoatSeats also have a hard plastic coin box that makes a good step and storage between the seats. If I could make a few suggestions,

1. I use some old towels and cover the carpet so it stays clean and no nasty bilge scum from
the batteries or whatever.
2. I usually replace BOTH pumps it one is bad, and then keep the one that works as a spare.
3. I didn't see an Automatic bilge pump, unless the one you have is both manual and auto.

Keep up the videos, I enjoy watching them as I'm sure others do also !! Peace !
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

yup after i had a bilge pump failer i made sure that my aerators, fill up and bilge pumps had the same housing and pump style. I coil wrapped enough wire where i can hot swap the pumps on the fly. That way if one goes out I am never down! The only difference is the GPM but it will get your bilge emptied and home safe!

Great video Caleb.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

I will be replacing the carpet soon so I didn’t really give that much thought.
I did think about replacing them both and probably should have since I was already down there.
And it’s not automatic definitely need to do that at least it would alert me before the water starts coming through the floor!

Thanks again man.
Mitch wrote:It's nice to see that someone else does their own maintenance too !! The seats look great too ! BassBoatSeats also have a hard plastic coin box that makes a good step and storage between the seats. If I could make a few suggestions,

1. I use some old towels and cover the carpet so it stays clean and no nasty bilge scum from
2. I usually replace BOTH pumps it one is bad, and then keep the one that works as a spare.
3. I didn't see an Automatic bilge pump, unless the one you have is both manual and auto.

Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

ash wrote:yup after i had a bilge pump failer i made sure that my aerators, fill up and bilge pumps had the same housing and pump style. I coil wrapped enough wire where i can hot swap the pumps on the fly. That way if one goes out I am never down! The only difference is the GPM but it will get your bilge emptied and home safe!

Great video Caleb.

Hoping that I don’t have a bulge failure but knowing me it will happen next trip.
Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

Mitch wrote:It's nice to see that someone else does their own maintenance too !! The seats look great too ! BassBoatSeats also have a hard plastic coin box that makes a good step and storage between the seats. If I could make a few suggestions,

Oh yah and the coin box was on backorder. Just got it yesterday and installed it!