Woman charged with battery after hitting boyfriend with kitchen pot for fishing too much

WB Staff

Woman charged with battery after hitting boyfriend with kitchen pot for fishing too much

Post by WB Staff »

Woman hit boyfriend with kitchen pot for fishing too much d.jpg
WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. (KWQC) – A Florida woman is charged with domestic battery after deputies say she struck her baby’s father in the head with a kitchen pot.

Katie Lou Gottlich, 25, of Wesley Chapel, was arrested Wednesday after investigators say she got into an argument with the father of her seven-month-old baby over the father’s spending time fishing instead of helping raise their child.

The father, also identified as the suspect's boyfriend, told Pasco County deputies he and Gottlich began to argue at their residence after he had spent “the past couple of days” fishing.

During the argument, the father said as he was walking in the backyard Gottlich threw a kitchen pot at him when he was not looking, striking him in the head.

More info channel 6 news: https://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Deput ... 32751.html
Joanna Hevener

Re: Woman charged with battery after hitting boyfriend with kitchen pot for fishing too much

Post by Joanna Hevener »

There are many of us “fishing widows” that are thinking, you go, girl! I’ve wanted to hit my husband with a pan many times for his fishing days. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kolt45

Re: Woman charged with battery after hitting boyfriend with kitchen pot for fishing too much

Post by Kolt45 »

Joanna Hevener wrote:There are many of us “fishing widows” that are thinking, you go, girl! I’ve wanted to hit my husband with a pan many times for his fishing days. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You ladies knew what you were signing up for when you married a fishermen. Domestic violence is domestic violence. This really is not a laughing matter. Throwing a pot or any object that can do bodily damage needs to be addressed as anger management, with many sessions of counseling if the marriage is going to work.

Been there, done that...
JeffKelly74

Post by JeffKelly74 »

Let the man fish!
Clemsonkid95

Post by Clemsonkid95 »

Its kind of surprising that you don't see stories like this more often. I know my wife probably thought about it a few times when my girls were small. Hopefully they can work it out going forward without the physical abuse.
Garrett Clark

Post by Garrett Clark »

Somehow I knew this was a Florida story before I even read the article...