Navionics maping card

Moderator: Ken Sauret

jeremy z

Navionics maping card

Post by jeremy z »

I have two new live units. Can one mapping card be viewed through both units without the ethiernet cable?
I disconnected it due to all the interference.
I know im able to share waypoints through the nema cable.
Let me know
Thanks
Edd

Re: Navionics maping card

Post by Edd »

You need Ethernet for full sharing capabilities. Try another Ethernet cable to see if it eliminates the noise.

Edd
jeremy z

Post by jeremy z »

Hey Edd
Its not noise that's the problem.
With it hooked up it kept changing my settings such as which Gps each unit would read.
I actually had Ken Sauret in my boat to point a lot of this out. He too wasent sure if it could be done.
It seems this is the only thing that can not be done without the eithernet cable?
Edd

Post by Edd »

So you will NOT get full sharing between two units that are NOT connected via Ethernet. The waypoint sharing you talk about using N2K is only available when both units are on. You can't mark waypoints on one MFD and later turn the other machine ON and populate with those previously marked waypoints. I don't see any reason for you NOT to have the Ethernet connection. I have 2 Live units and a Carbon. None of my settings ever change by themselves. If your units are correctly set up, you can enjoy flawless sharing of all info between your MFD's that will not change until you change it.

There are some great videos on the Lowrance YouTube channel pertaining to correct network settings.

Edd
jeremy z

Post by jeremy z »

Thanks for the info Edd. I will take a look at the set up videos.