Trolling motor batteries

Nevadabassin

Trolling motor batteries

Post by Nevadabassin »

What type of batteries are you guys running for your trolling motors.im looking to replace mine.anyone running the blue top optima?
BSmith

Re: Trolling motor batteries

Post by BSmith »

Go with the Duracell AGM's from Sams. At $179 a battery they are hard to beat. I have run them in my 13 520c and now in the 19 Lynx. They are the best battery on the market for the price of an AGM. I have yet to wear them out fishing the delta or any lake. They are a solid battery.
Nevadabassin

Post by Nevadabassin »

Thank you for the info
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

running the AC Delco gel batteries getting 5 yrs out of them.
Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
Fromthemill

Post by Fromthemill »

I just picked up two cheapo group 29 deep cycles from Walmart. At $90 I figure I can get two or three of them for the price of an AGM. If they just last 2 years I'll be saving money. We'll see how they hold up and that will dictate what I get next time. They're powering an 80lb ultrex.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Fromthemill wrote:I just picked up two cheapo group 29 deep cycles from Walmart. At $90 I figure I can get two or three of them for the price of an AGM. If they just last 2 years I'll be saving money. We'll see how they hold up and that will dictate what I get next time. They're powering an 80lb ultrex.
You mean group 27? I didn't know a deep cycle battery of any brand can be had for under $120? Does anyone know what brand of battery Walmart is putting their name on?
Andrew5414

Post by Andrew5414 »

Walmart has the group 29 for 90 bucks he said it right I just got them, my dads got 3 on his and on a year and half with them no issues
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Andrew5414 wrote:Walmart has the group 29 for 90 bucks he said it right I just got them, my dads got 3 on his and on a year and half with them no issues
Cool I've never heard of group 29 thought there were only groups 24, 27 and 31 learn something new everyday.
SpookFreak

Post by SpookFreak »

How much do you fish, once a week 29's are fine.
What is going to draw amps on your boat, electronics, poles etc.
What kind of boat do you have.

Basically depends on the use and how well you take care of them like charging
them when you get home etc.
Nevadabassin

Post by Nevadabassin »

Thanks everyone I went with the Duracell agm today.im tired if replacing cheap batteries.i have an 07 ranger 188 with a fortrex 80lb.no poles and no crazy electronics on it.ive tried interstate a.c. delco napa brand.all just don't last.the ones I ordered today have a 30 month warranty. Also I always charge them as soon as I get home.never do I leave them just sit without charging first.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

BSmith wrote:Go with the Duracell AGM's from Sams. At $179 a battery they are hard to beat. I have run them in my 13 520c and now in the 19 Lynx. They are the best battery on the market for the price of an AGM. I have yet to wear them out fishing the delta or any lake. They are a solid battery.
I also picked up the Duracell AGM's at Sams this year @179 (=rebate at the time) the group 30 fit in my group 27 trays and these things had all of the Amp hours i needed. This is a big recommend for an AGM battery at that price point you cant go wrong!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
BSmith

Post by BSmith »

Nevadabassin wrote:Thanks everyone I went with the Duracell agm today.im tired if replacing cheap batteries.i have an 07 ranger 188 with a fortrex 80lb.no poles and no crazy electronics on it.ive tried interstate a.c. delco napa brand.all just don't last.the ones I ordered today have a 30 month warranty. Also I always charge them as soon as I get home.never do I leave them just sit without charging first.

Congrats......you wont be disappointed
WRB

Post by WRB »

Make sure your onboard charger is compatible and up to date for charging your new AGM's.
Tom
Popper

Post by Popper »

Odyssey Batteries
Outstanding performance, reliability and comes with a (4) year replacement warranty.

https://www.odysseybattery.com/Batterie ... Advantages
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Yep, been running Optima Blue Tops for almost 10 years now. The D31M's... great batteries. Charge fast, long lasting power and maintenance free... I can't ask for more! I know some guys have had problems here and there and don't like them, but any battery can have issues. I've run other brands in the past and had issues, but never had one issue with my Blue Tops…

Good Luck,
Randy