Steelhead with a wedding ring strapped to it was caught Friday

WB Staff

Steelhead with a wedding ring strapped to it was caught Friday

Post by WB Staff »

Steelhead with a wedding ring strapped to it was caught Friday.jpg
...“So, we caught this steelhead today,” Nelligan emailed. “Someone attached their wedding ring to this fish and we caught it. Wonder if it was a divorce or death, but a crazy story!’’

For the nitty gritty of the ring, Nelligan emailed, “Had an inscription of SDH Steel on the ring.”

Nelligan was fishing on his boat, “Grey Lion II,” by the R4, the famous buoy east of Chicago’s north suburbs. They were fishing for lake trout with four colors of leadcore line with a Blue Dolphin spoon in 105 feet of water. Joe Penar caught the fish with John Massard netting it. Bob Nichols was another crew member....

More info and pix: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/6/23/ ... ring-on-it
Kendra Sue Krause

Re: Steelhead with a wedding ring strapped to it was caught Friday

Post by Kendra Sue Krause »

Death, divorce or serial killer? lol
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

In one of the more bizarre fishing stories to surface, a fisherman reeled in a steelhead with a wedding ring attached to its tail, leaving a group of anglers fishing in a tournament on Lake Michigan on Friday scratching their heads.

“It was crazy,” Jim Nelligan told USA Today/For The Win Outdoors. “We started wondering who did this, and why?”

The answer didn’t take long to emerge.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported Monday that Capt. Jason Rose used a zip tie to attach his wedding band to a steelhead he caught and released on May 4 across the lake near the port of Whitehall, Mich. Rose had been married for nearly a decade when he and his spouse decided to go their separate ways.

“I am a fishing guide; she was always against me following my dreams and hated how much I fished,” Rose told the Sun-Times.

“Four years went by since our divorce. I felt I needed to get rid of that ring, but I didn’t want to just toss it to the bottom, pawn it or any of that kind of thing. So I released it the best way I know how. I am convinced that ring is cursed. My life has been nothing less than great since I released it.”...

...That was my first guess, a divorce, but funny that the guy says the ring is cursed,” Nelligan told For The Win. Because, “That ring is cursed. Ever since it came on my boat, I’ve had problems with my Glendinning engine controls, the switch to raise the helm floor to get at the engines broke and the hose at my dock burst. Sheesh!...

Read it all and see more pix at USATODAY: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/myster ... hed-solved?
Dee Calise

Post by Dee Calise »

Hey it's not a curse ,if you killed the fish you should have kept the ring and put the fish back .