Summertime in the PNW

ttb31183

Summertime in the PNW

Post by ttb31183 »

Summer in the Northwest is a brief season each year, but it is some of the nicest weather you will see all year. High temps in the 80's and still cool each evening. It also makes for some great afternoon fishing with the long days due to being so far up north. Fishing until 9pm is standard this time of year and the fishing is usually excellent.

I've made several of these evening trips lately and the fishing has been pretty good. One of my recent trips was to Silver Lake just outside of Spokane and the fish were biting jigs, Ned Rigs, topwaters, and more. Since I had just recently returned from ICAST, I was trying all kinds of new gear I got there.

Being summer, most of the bass we found were on deeper weedlines. This was one that fell for a Ned Rig. It was around three pounds and we caught several in this range.
IMG_3238-2.jpg

This lake is also home to plenty of tiger muskie. Every time I have been there I have either caught one, lost one, or seen one. This trip was no different. I caught this one on a new frog lure I got at ICAST and also landed a few bass on it. This wasn't a giant by any means but it was a really pretty one.

It is a great time to be living in the PNW and the fish are biting this time of year just about anywhere you go.
Tyler Brinks