Best places for boat storage on the Delta

TRIXGOTAFISH

Best places for boat storage on the Delta

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Will be looking to store my boat somewhere soon any recommendations?

Maybe somewhere close to the south delta and/or Stockton area?

Would prefer indoor w/ electrical hook up but open to other options.

Thanks!
fastfiat

Re: Best places for boat storage on the Delta

Post by fastfiat »

monte300

Post by monte300 »

I've been keeping my boat at Whiskey Slough for around 8 years and overall I'm happy with it. The price is reasonable compared to other storage facilities and keep in mind that what they offer is valet service. They launch your boat and put it back on the trailer. All you do is show up, step into the boat, fish and tie it to the dock when finished. The men that handle your boat are really friendly and competent. You get six free launches a month and without this, Whiskey Slough charges $15 per launch. There's also NorCal Mastercraft onsite to do repairs, although I would be hesitant to have them work on my outboard because that isn't their core business.

There are only two negatives. They don't wipe your boat down before putting it away even though that is advertised. The other negative is you can't get launched until 7:00AM. They will launch the night before and tie your boat to the dock and even though they lock their gate at night, there's still access to the docks via the water. I had them do this for me for years but after someones boat was stolen and stripped, I don't do that anymore. It's very possible they bypassed my boat due to my state of the art year 2000 electronics. :mrgreen:
nivanov30

Post by nivanov30 »

Orwood Resort (in-door storage). Probably best Delta storage facility for all kinds of boats. Long waitlist to get there.
SilverbackDad

Post by SilverbackDad »

How do you guys get your batteries charged before fishing?
monte300

Post by monte300 »

SilverbackDad wrote:How do you guys get your batteries charged before fishing?
The guys at Whiskey Slough that launch my boat also make sure the batteries are charged up. There are wait lists pretty much everywhere and the prices are about the same at all of them. The difference is Whiskey Slough includes valet service. I don't believe there's a waiting list at Whiskey but don't hold me to that.
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Thanks for all the input everyone i called Whiskey Slough Marina and it sounds promising besides the fact that they can only get you out at 7am but i guess if i have a tourney or something i'll just take the boat home w/ me so i can get out earlier i wouldn't trust leaving it tied up over night!

On that note do you guys keep all your tackle in the boat locked up?

That would be my other concern as i like to rig at home but not a huge deal......

I know of Orwood but there is never any openings, they are more expensive, and to be honest i'd rather stay away from all the pleasure boats etc especially during summer time
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Call Russo's Marina and ask what they offer.
https://russosmarina.com/
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
monte300

Post by monte300 »

TRIXGOTAFISH wrote:Thanks for all the input everyone i called Whiskey Slough Marina and it sounds promising besides the fact that they can only get you out at 7am but i guess if i have a tourney or something i'll just take the boat home w/ me so i can get out earlier i wouldn't trust leaving it tied up over night!

That would be my other concern as i like to rig at home but not a huge deal......

I know of Orwood but there is never any openings, they are more expensive, and to be honest i'd rather stay away from all the pleasure boats etc especially during summer time
I keep all my tackle in my boat at all times, but then I'm not a tournament angler. At Whiskey Slough your boat is locked away at night inside a huge building.
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

monte300 wrote:
TRIXGOTAFISH wrote:Thanks for all the input everyone i called Whiskey Slough Marina and it sounds promising besides the fact that they can only get you out at 7am but i guess if i have a tourney or something i'll just take the boat home w/ me so i can get out earlier i wouldn't trust leaving it tied up over night!

I keep all my tackle in my boat at all times, but then I'm not a tournament angler. At Whiskey Slough your boat is locked away at night inside a huge building.
So then i'd assume it's ok to store it w/o a cover there?

I don't have a fancy custom cover on mine as i keep it in my garage currently.

I'm familiar w/ what Russo's has available(thanks for the suggestion Mark) but i'd prefer a locked building like Whiskey has but i do like the fact that you can access your rig as early as you need at Russo's and just launch it yourself......i have some things to think about lol
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I’m sure they would allow you to store your boat without a cover. I tried emailing you through this site but was not successful. If you end up going with Whiskey Slough would you email me at jerajon65@comcast.net so I can get credit for a referral?