Delta quantity over quality tip

Kyle46N

Delta quantity over quality tip

Post by Kyle46N »

For any of you forum members looking to just put friends, family on numbers of fish right now, head to the Delta with drop shot in hand. Any 6 to 7 inch trick worm style/straight tail style worm will do. Make sure to cast into the water. And proceed to catching. Seriously, for highest numbers any inlets/outlets near flooded islands are awesome, but any tule edges on any island works also. I've had my wife and kids out there thd oast few weeks with 50 plus bass days and even hit 80 or so on one trip. Hope this helps someone have some fun.
sThurmon

Re: Delta quantity over quality tip

Post by sThurmon »

Cool .Thanks!
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Super nice of you to share that info. I'm like Takahiro Omori, "I'd rather go home than drop shot" :mrgreen:
db220

Post by db220 »

I threw the dropshot all day yesterday. It must have been the heat because I couldn't get a bite on it...
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Monte I'm with you, if I have to resort to a drop shot I've failed.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Well, anybody who DOESN'T have a Drop Shot in their arsenal, IS missing out on a great way to catch fish !! Yeah, I throw the other stuff too, but when the bite gets tough, I'll throw a Drop Shot any day !! So far my biggest on the DS is 9.75 on a 4" worm !! Oh by the way, those 2 fish I'm holding up in my avatar, a 5.5 and a 6.3 were caught on a DS at Clear Lake for a 1st place win !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
brian c

Post by brian c »

Ya my PB, 13.3 . Drop shot, Aaron’s magic, 8 lb flouro,15 lb braid.
MT

Post by MT »

During the summer I spend the majority of most days finesse fishing out there. I like to get bit. Same patterns as the OP mentioned however I throw alot of shaky heads, Ned rigs, and a few other finesse presentations that need not be mentioned. Just not a fan of the drop shot with the line twist and Palomar knot but if that's what they want on a given day that's what they get. With the overall size of the Delta bass on the decline it's just more fun for me to go light.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Some days I'm the windshield.......some days I'm the bug........
nivanov30

Post by nivanov30 »

I've had 80+ fish day last week (100% crankbaits). Quantity vs. quality for sure... Out of 80+ fish the best 5 were probably 11+lbs :-)
monte300

Post by monte300 »

nivanov30 wrote:I've had 80+ fish day last week (100% crankbaits). Quantity vs. quality for sure... Out of 80+ fish the best 5 were probably 11+lbs :-)
Tons o fun!
nivanov30

Post by nivanov30 »

monte300 wrote:
nivanov30 wrote:I've had 80+ fish day last week (100% crankbaits). Quantity vs. quality for sure... Out of 80+ fish the best 5 were probably 11+lbs :-)
Tons o fun!
Yeah, by the end of the day I was thankful when I lose a fish before I had to untangle another one of those 12in-ers. Strange - I just could never get on a decent 2lbs+ fish that day. Very next day (!) - I've got ~14lbs bag on ~30 fish in 4 hours of fishing. One thing about Delta is sure - unpredictability...
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Thanks for the "tip" I think it's great especially for those that are looking to take their friends and families out who may not be the next KVD and just want a fun day of fishing. These shakers and lots of action are what hooks kids check out the new Berkley Fishing Power Bait in Straight Money 5" in Margarita Red or Watermelon Red for the Delta Dropshot and enjoy!

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/berkley- ... 09872.html
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/