Summer Finesse in the PNW

ttb31183

Summer Finesse in the PNW

Post by ttb31183 »

This time of year, the fishing in the Northwest can be very good. We live in a cold climate and during the summer months, the bass are usually more than willing to bite. I went out last week to Newman Lake just outside of Spokane and we had a fun day catching plenty of largemouth and smallmouth.

I was out with my cousin before he heads to college and we stayed busy with plenty of bites on jigs and soft plastics. We really didn't catch any giants, but plenty of willing two and three pounders kept it fun.

The smallmouth were biting the Ned Rig, but the finesse jig also caught some decent ones.

We targeted weedlines and shallow flats and also caught quite a few pitching docks when the sun got high and the fish moved to the shade. I hate to tell the "one that got away" story, but I lost a really nice one pitching a jig to the shallow walkway near some spawning bluegill.

This is a look at one of our best areas. Docks on a flat with deep water very close by. It is a proven mix to catch summer bass around here.

Tyler Brinks