Fishing Clear Lake Oct 2

WB Staff

Fishing Clear Lake Oct 2

Post by WB Staff »

Sent in by StanL

0.jpg
Day Trip Fishing Clear Lake

As you know my fishing reports usually come from Camanche, but the opportunity came up for me to take a day trip to Clear Lake and I jumped at the chance.

It’s been quite a few years since I’ve been there.

My buddy Ryan and I left early and made our first stop at Limit Out Bait and Tackle and got our Quadra muscle sticker. It was the first time I've been in the store since Bob left. I hope to be back soon.

We got on the water about 8:00 am and the surface temperature was 69°. The water visibility was about 2 feet.

We decided to start fishing around Anderson Island and we both started out throwing reaction baits, mostly crankbaits, swimbaits but after a bit with no luck, we both picked up bottom baits. Ryan started throwing a River2Sea Papa Mur jig and I started throwing a Frenzy Nail with a Berkeey Green Pumpkin “The General “worm. With those we got a few small fish until we backed out Into a little deeper water. Then Ryan picked up the Frenzy Nail and BOOM, he caught one about 41/2 pounds. So I tied on a Carolina rig Baby Brushhog and we concentrated on deeper points and breaks in the midsection and lower parts of the Lake.

We had to be off the water by around 3:00 pm. So all in all we had a great day and we ended up catching-eight fish. Our best five went around 17 or 18 lbs. I'll take that any day in October.

I hope this helps good luck fishing!!

Stan
marinerfandave

Re: Fishing Clear Lake Oct 2

Post by marinerfandave »

Sounds like a good time Stan, nothing beats Clear Lake! Thanks for sharing