rod guide repair??

eastofeasty

rod guide repair??

Post by eastofeasty »

Need a rod guide repaired and Fisherman's Warehouse is backed up for 6 - 8 weeks. Does anyone else do rod guide repairs who's not so backed up?
mark poulson

Re: rod guide repair??

Post by mark poulson »

Chris at Average Joe Rod Repair
925 323 4508
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

Might call Norm in Manteca and see if he has time. 209-665-9830.
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Todd’s Rod and Reel Repair Benicia. Open weekdays
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

I have drop off at hook line sinker /Oakley or Dave's delta outdoors / bethel island. 7-10 day turnaround on rod repairs.
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y
Fishermans Warehouse Megastore

Post by Fishermans Warehouse Megastore »

Hi there. We are sorry that you were told that it would take long. Not sure which store said that but usually with our turnaround time, we can get that fixed for you within 1-2 weeks depending on when its dropped off / where its dropped off.

Which store is nearest to you?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

AVG.JOE wrote:I have drop off at hook line sinker /Oakley or Dave's delta outdoors / bethel island. 7-10 day turnaround on rod repairs.
And he does good work at a fair price.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Fishermans Warehouse Megastore wrote:Hi there. We are sorry that you were told that it would take long. Not sure which store said that but usually with our turnaround time, we can get that fixed for you within 1-2 weeks depending on when its dropped off / where its dropped off.

It's probably the Manteca store because i've been told the same thing the last three times I asked.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

In the Yuba City area is Manny's rod shop. It's on Township Blvd. Blake does excellent work and turn around is quick. Chuck does all of Fishermen's Whse repairs in Sac area and also does excellent work.
Chris Griffith

Post by Chris Griffith »

Fishermans Warehouse Megastore wrote:Hi there. We are sorry that you were told that it would take long. Not sure which store said that but usually with our turnaround time, we can get that fixed for you within 1-2 weeks depending on when its dropped off / where its dropped off.

Can the Manteca store replace guides?
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

They can replace tips while you wait. They have to send the rod off to have guides replaced and that takes 6-8 weeks at the Manteca store.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

We checked with the Manteca store and they do tips in store.
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Roscoe in Ceres...just take it to C&C Marine and they’ll get in touch with him. Tips, eye replacement, even custom rods....he’s the man!!
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
JLBassin

Post by JLBassin »

It is not that hard to DIY. If you need it done ASAP sounds like that might be your best bet. I have replaced a few guides myself and tips over the years.
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

Fixin rods is something most people can do; if u have the tools/supplies to do. If u need a couple rods fixed and don't plan on doing as a hobby just drop off at a place that does it: hook, line and sinker/Oakley ,Dave's delta outdoors/bethel.at around 15$-20$ and 7 days time u can have a repair that looks factory. If u want to start as a hobby there is lots of info on mudhole.com to get u started. DO NOT USE SUPER GLUE!!!! This etches into blank and does more damage than good. Only use products Intended for rod building . Good luck and tight lines
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y