Looking for a current report on water levels in the Rio N egro River basin in Brazil

TampaCT

Looking for a current report on water levels in the Rio N egro River basin in Brazil

Post by TampaCT »

I have a trip planned for the first week of February and I heard from something less than a reliable source that water levels are too high in the area? Anyone have any sources to tell me if we are going to be OK? From what I understand, if the water is too high the fish go to deep up into the cover (like redfish on a high tide). Looking for a real or reliable source. Does anyone know of a forum that focuses on trips to the Amazon? Or maybe have a friend that just got back from there?

One of our party is looking at possibly canceling and we are trying to find something out from someone other than the guy we are paying for the trip.
fishmanj

Re: Looking for a current report on water levels in the Rio N egro River basin in Brazil

Post by fishmanj »

Try contacting one of the other lodges that operate there. The Tacticalbassin guys just got back from a similar trip. Maybe they have a little info.