Melones

richdoe

Melones

Post by richdoe »

Coming from the EastBay, is it best to launch at Glory Hole or Tuttletown?
Mitch

Re: Melones

Post by Mitch »

Glory Hole is always better, and Glory Hole Sports is on the way, LOL !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Won't you be going through Manteca, Oakdale, and Jamestown? If so then Tuttletown is the ramp you want.
Only use Gloryhole if you go through Angels Camp.
richdoe

Post by richdoe »

Whoopbass wrote:Won't you be going through Manteca, Oakdale, and Jamestown? If so then Tuttletown is the ramp you want.
Only use Gloryhole if you go through Angels Camp.
Both ramps are about 130 miles away, whether I go through Jamestown or Angels Camp. Is one highway better than the other? Are both ramps relatively safe for parking my truck while fishing?
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Both ramps are fine and relatively safe to park. Just take normal precautions and dont leave any valuables in view in your ride. As stated previously, use Glory Hole if going through Angels Camp. But from East Bay, you’ll go through Jamestown, so use Tuttletown. Unless you need tackle at the lake. It’d be just 5-10 more minutes to Glory Hole Sports and the Glory Hole ramp. Good luck.
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

I heard they were ticketing and checking trailer registration at Glory Hole. I've been pulled over there before, $350 for rolling the campground stop sign. I've never seen them at Tuttletown.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Glory Hole is Calaveras County while Tuttletown is Tuolumne County. Calaveras Sheriff deputies must have orders to generate all the revenue they can. $350 for rolling through one of those measly stop signs. Ridiculous
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

I was fishing out of Tuttletown a few weeks ago and when I came back in from a day on the water I had a citation for expired “PTI” plate. Never knew mine expired. There isn’t a tag on the PTI plate so the guy had to run every license plate in the parking lot to find out. Pretty pathetic... took my plate to DMV today to to get it updated and she said it expired in 2013 :shock: :o I really thought I was gonna get bent over and she said $10. “WOW” :D . I never had any paperwork on my trailer so I didn’t know. I guess it needs to be done every 5 years. As far as launching, unless you need tackle, Tuttletown is a lot better. Early morning ice can get pretty sketchy going to Glory Hole.gu
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
richdoe

Post by richdoe »

Thanks for all the replies guys, Tuttletown it is. I'll be going up on Friday, hope the fish cooperate.

Haven't fished up there in years. The first few times we fished there you had to launch off the old highway next to the Highway 49 bridge--had to back down a mile--no other launch ramps. :) In those days you could catch 11 inch fish on almost every cast. Keeper fish were harder to come by. I'm showing my age. :cry:
Jim Wilson

Post by Jim Wilson »

RMANZO - I got hit with the same fine last year at Glory hole ramp. Although my trailer reg was $10 to get current, I had to pay a $65 fine to Calaveras County Sheriff. Check your ticket and call the phone number on it.

Jim
Jim
drtyrat30

Post by drtyrat30 »

Don’t forget to put the self inspection form on your dash visible, they will ticket you for that also. They have them at the pay station and by the parking lot. And keep an eye out for the partially submerged island tops around main lake.
richdoe

Post by richdoe »

drtyrat30 wrote:Don’t forget to put the self inspection form on your dash visible, they will ticket you for that also. They have them at the pay station and by the parking lot. And keep an eye out for the partially submerged island tops around main lake.
Thanks for the heads-up, I wasn't aware of the form and might have missed it.
not4un

Post by not4un »

drtyrat30 wrote:Don’t forget to put the self inspection form on your dash visible, they will ticket you for that also. They have them at the pay station and by the parking lot. And keep an eye out for the partially submerged island tops around main lake.

+1 on the island tops, they are not marked in some spots. Use map card to help locate them before running around the lake.
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

RMANZO wrote:I was fishing out of Tuttletown a few weeks ago and when I came back in from a day on the water I had a citation for expired “PTI” plate. Never knew mine expired. There isn’t a tag on the PTI plate so the guy had to run every license plate in the parking lot to find out. Pretty pathetic... took my plate to DMV today to to get it updated and she said it expired in 2013 :shock: :o I really thought I was gonna get bent over and she said $10. “WOW” :D . I never had any paperwork on my trailer so I didn’t know. I guess it needs to be done every 5 years. As far as launching, unless you need tackle, Tuttletown is a lot better. Early morning ice can get pretty sketchy going to Glory Hole.gu
Hey Robert same thing happened to my duck boat trailer at Fox Grove, I never knew the PTI plates expired and you won't get a notice. I wrote the expiration on the registration so I won't get the ticket again. And are you really stilll freaked out about sliding off the road with your boat? :D :D :D
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

“DAMN STRAIGHT” !!! My ars still puckers thinking about it
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor