Trump in Central Valley to talk water issues

WB Staff

Trump in Central Valley to talk water issues

Post by WB Staff »

3a4f537e-0d2e-4f85-9dd4-947516742e6d-large16x9_AP20030676941501.jpg
From Restore the Delta

Update: BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (FOX26) — The Fresno County Republican Party confirmed to FOX26 News that it has been advised President Trump will be in Bakersfield on Tuesday, Feb. 18th. The committee says he will be talking about water issues in the Central Valley.

Following his Bakersfield visit, he will be heading to a fundraising dinner in Los Angeles.

We believe he will be signing the record of decision for his plan to over pump the Delta.

Full story at Fox News: https://kmph.com/news/local/president-t ... on-tuesday
jiggin4bass

Re: Trump in Central Valley to talk water issues

Post by jiggin4bass »

It's nothing personal it's just Business.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

jiggin4bass wrote:It's nothing personal it's just Business.
It's choosing the San Joaquin farmers and water districts over the public's right to our own water. To me, that makes it personal.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Mark when do you think anything in ca. going to change. Don't blame Trump there to many other people too blame in this state.
Like I said it just business.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Lefty, I can't help but take it personally. Trump is as much to blame as Newsom. Taking the water from the Delta and giving to the San Joaquin water districts and farmers, even in drought years, at the expense of the Delta and it's community is wrong. Profit is fine. Profit at the expense of other people that causes them suffering isn't fine. If you can't make a profit without hurting people you shouldn't be in business. And you shouldn't be able to raise water-intensive crops for export with below-market rate water. That means you and I are subsidizing their crops, without our consent.
CLEAN AND DRY
zrtj

Post by zrtj »

They're hell bent on sucking the fresh water out of the delta, Newsom, Trump, Feinstein, etc.. I think the solution would be to charge everyone the same exact amount of money for water. If the water being exported wasn't subsidized, they wouldn't want it. If the people that want the water had to pay for the tunnel, they wouldn't want it. I keep hearing politicians say they're against re-distributing wealth. Isn't using my tax dollars to pump water and send it south re-distributing wealth to businesses that make money off of the subsidized water? I don't eat almonds or pistachios. Most of the water will be used by south valley farmers that voted for Trump. Sounds to me like they like re-distributing wealth, as long as it goes into protecting their bank accounts.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

zrtj wrote:They're hell bent on sucking the fresh water out of the delta, Newsom, Trump, Feinstein, etc.. I think the solution would be to charge everyone the same exact amount of money for water. If the water being exported wasn't subsidized, they wouldn't want it. If the people that want the water had to pay for the tunnel, they wouldn't want it. I keep hearing politicians say they're against re-distributing wealth. Isn't using my tax dollars to pump water and send it south re-distributing wealth to businesses that make money off of the subsidized water? I don't eat almonds or pistachios. Most of the water will be used by south valley farmers that voted for Trump. Sounds to me like they like re-distributing wealth, as long as it goes into protecting their bank accounts.
Amen!
CLEAN AND DRY
Jared2

Post by Jared2 »

California is already in too deep of a hole that it’s most likely never going to recover from. Too many liberals and democrats have put this state in a world of hurt. The Central Valley agriculture is what supplies this state of resources. With the poor governing, and Southern and Bay Area support its only a matter of time this state crumbles...
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Jared2 wrote:California is already in too deep of a hole that it’s most likely never going to recover from. Too many liberals and democrats have put this state in a world of hurt. The Central Valley agriculture is what supplies this state of resources. With the poor governing, and Southern and Bay Area support its only a matter of time this state crumbles...
Agriculture is only 2% of our state's GDP. But it controls 80% of it's drinking water.
The tail is wagging the dog.
CLEAN AND DRY
Mark Hiser

Post by Mark Hiser »

Agriculture is only 2% of our state's GDP. But it controls 80% of it's drinking water.
The tail is wagging the dog.

Yes, been that way for a very long time :( Agriculture has far too great of control, rice, nuts, melons and more. who knew almonds dairies would be so popular :) Bottled water from fresno??? you know ...at the source. Me thinks the dog is a corgy with the tail of a Lab!!!
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Don't worry President Trump will take care of all your concerns on Feb.18th
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

jiggin4bass wrote:Don't worry President Trump will take care of all your concerns on Feb.18th
And what if he sells us down the river? What then?
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

If the democrats of this state didn't want this then they would stop it just like they have with the other issues whether it meant breaking the law or not. Trump is a moron on this subject and I don't know why he's even involved.
The politicians that agree with this sure don't want to solve our water issues. Like clockwork the next drought is just around the corner and we will be the ones rationed and overcharged for water that's not fit to drink.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Mark it's a done deal Trump going with the farmers. I don't know what part of that you don't understand. Why do you think he meeting in Bakersfield and not Northern Ca.And then on to LA for his fundraiser that evening.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

mark poulson wrote:
jiggin4bass wrote:Don't worry President Trump will take care of all your concerns on Feb.18th
All the snowflake Libs and Dems will leave the state? I know, wishful thinking.

Have to appreciate the irony though, Envoro whackos been supporting the Dems for years and now get left out in the cold....Lmao, always about the dollar.

Here’s another thought to ponder......If BIG AG is only 2% of the gdp, then why are politicians bending over for them?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Big money flowing >>>> South
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

El Jefe wrote:
mark poulson wrote:

Have to appreciate the irony though, Envoro whackos been supporting the Dems for years and now get left out in the cold....Lmao, always about the dollar.

Here’s another thought to ponder......If BIG AG is only 2% of the gdp, then why are politicians bending over for them?
Because they have lots of money, and are willing to spend it on politicians to protect their interests. One dollar, one vote. The best government money can buy.
CLEAN AND DRY
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

mark poulson wrote:
El Jefe wrote:
mark poulson wrote: And what if he sells us down the river? What then?

Because they have lots of money, and are willing to spend it on politicians to protect their interests. One dollar, one vote. The best government money can buy.

But does’nt the other 98% of the GDP have 98% more money?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

They don't give it to Trump, so they don't count.
CLEAN AND DRY
DDG

Post by DDG »

Trump's goal is to help business in the united states, hence why is working to help the farmers here in CA. He is working to keep the counties economy stable. At the expense of the environment and other factors is probably not a good way to go about it, however what have any of the other politicians running the state done to resolve these issues.

If you dont like Trump already, I can see how you would see him as the culprit of the CA water issues, however keep in mind Obama nor the people actually running this state have done anything either except run up taxes and make it almost impossible for the middle class to thrive in this state.

Majority of CA officials and most Dems in general are not on the side of sportsman (hunting & fishing) that is a fact.
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

DDG wrote: Majority of CA officials and most Dems in general are not on the side of sportsman (hunting & fishing) that is a fact.
Neither are environmentalists...... cannot have it both ways.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Trump's on his way and it will all be over soon :wink:
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
MarkB67

Post by MarkB67 »

"While Gov. Gavin Newsom has fought Trump on such issues as immigration, health care and gun control, critics say the governor has not stood up to the president on water. They say his office has been complicit in weakening regulation and, as a result, waterways, wetlands and wildlife are bound to suffer."

Yup ... peas in pod those two ... people who love Trump better send a little sweetheart note to Sacramento too.

And "Libs" i.e. environmentalists are the ones who are ACTUALLY fighting for our Delta fish & wildlife. Gets complicated when you judge & hate because of title versus what folks actually do huh ?
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

MarkB67 wrote:"While Gov. Gavin Newsom has fought Trump on such issues as immigration, health care and gun control, critics say the governor has not stood up to the president on water. They say his office has been complicit in weakening regulation and, as a result, waterways, wetlands and wildlife are bound to suffer."

Yup ... peas in pod those two ... people who love Trump better send a little sweetheart note to Sacramento too.

And "Libs" i.e. environmentalists are the ones who are ACTUALLY fighting for our Delta fish & wildlife. Gets complicated when you judge & hate because of title versus what folks actually do huh ?
And farmers are the ones feeding all of you.... not complicated for me.... I’m a farmer,second amendment/constitution supporter first....... Fishing is a privilege that was’nt a problem before millions of dem and lib city people infected this state. We were responsibly using our “water rights” for many years before this state became over populated and the cities started screwing it up.
MarkB67

Post by MarkB67 »

"dem and lib city people infected this state."

Damn bro ... you're talking about a lot of people that because they don't believe what you believe they're 'infected'. Be careful with that BS ... creeps up into bad things over time.

My point was simple: Trump & Newsome are %100 on. the. same. page when it comes to the Delta water rights. Take that for whatever you want.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

We have a know it all
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

MarkB67 wrote:"dem and lib city people infected this state."

Damn bro ... you're talking about a lot of people that because they don't believe what you believe they're 'infected'. Be careful with that BS ... creeps up into bad things over time.

My point was simple: Trump & Newsome are %100 on. the. same. page when it comes to the Delta water rights. Take that for whatever you want.
I agree. I wonder what kind of dirt Stuart Resnick has on them both.
CLEAN AND DRY