To fish or not to fish that is the question

rastrike1

To fish or not to fish that is the question

Post by rastrike1 »

Want to fish . With shelter-in-place is it an appropriate time?
Whoopbass

Re: To fish or not to fish that is the question

Post by Whoopbass »

It ain't worth taking the chance. Live to fish another day. Stay quarantined.
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

To the extent that one can get on and off the water without being in contact with large amounts of people, then sure fishing is fine. Given that I am not an epidemiologist, I will defer to the folks that know and adhere to their recommendation to limit social contact. All tournament organizations should likewise heed that advice, most are, not all. Rescheduling events for the coming months would be the wise and prudent thing to do. Those who are reluctant to do so are being irresponsible. Weigh ins, check ins, host hotels, live well checks, pre-tournament events, all bring people into contact in large numbers. We will have many days ahead to fish.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

fish :lol: :lol: :lol:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

If you are scared of the flu stay home.
CBS

Post by CBS »

In the 7 county lockdown order is an exemption #3 "to engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this section, such as by way of example, walking, hiking or running. I would think fishing out of a bass boat with 2 individuals would be in compliance with the spirit of the exemption language....
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

With the few cases in the United States and a few deaths ( compared to our population ) can someone explain to me why this is so much more serious than anything else we’ve had going around? 40,000 have died since October with the flu. Am I not seeing something here? Is there something else going on that we don’t know about?
drew

Post by drew »

You are basically correct. It is very rare at this point.

The main reason for the quarantine is not necessarily for your health it is to reduce the fast wide spread of the illness. It has the potential to be 10X more wide spread then the flu. It is different from the flu because of its long shelf life and being contagious with no symptoms (asymptomatic).

Technically as far as your own well being is concerned if you had no concerns about the flu in the past then you should not have any now.

Me personally I had the flu in December and it was very hard on me this year. I'm a 50yro with mild allergy related asthma and was a bit out of shape. It was bad enough that it changed my MO. Good luck to all.

Fidlplr wrote:With the few cases in the United States and a few deaths ( compared to our population ) can someone explain to me why this is so much more serious than anything else we’ve had going around? 40,000 have died since October with the flu. Am I not seeing something here? Is there something else going on that we don’t know about?
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

I understand. Thank you. BTW.... drunk drivers kill someone every 15 mins.
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

[quote="Fidlplr"]I understand. Thank you. BTW.... drunk drivers kill someone every 15 mins.[/quote]

If people listened to the experts, telling them not to drink and drive, then there would not be those deaths caused by the drunk drivers. Just sayin
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Enjoy your freedom and liberties while you can and go fishing!

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

I work in an office building in Concord and now working from home officially as of 3/16 to comply with Contra Costa County shelter in place. I will be fishing somewhere 100% and without question this coming weekend, got to get away from this craziness and I plan on fishing all by myself, get to fish with my Dobyn's Fury's that I purchased from TW on Black Friday, can't wait!!
Fishin Andy

Post by Fishin Andy »

Hitting the delta tomorrow myself
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

CBS wrote:In the 7 county lockdown order is an exemption #3 "to engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this section, such as by way of example, walking, hiking or running. I would think fishing out of a bass boat with 2 individuals would be in compliance with the spirit of the exemption language....
I hear ya “ on exemption #3 !.... you should be able to fish ? we will see how this plays out ? I am going out tomorrow!...
MBUXXX

Post by MBUXXX »

With Lake County on lockdown, do you guys think Clear Lake Oaks/Redbud will be closed?
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Heard public ramps closing today.Stores are closing.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The reason for the stay home order is to prevent our hospitals and healthcare system from being overwhelmed by a massive outbreak all at once. There aren't enough ventilators to handle a tsunami of acute cases, so the government is trying to spread it out to keep it manageable. Think of how many people might be at risk before you do anything cavalier. Just because you can survive the virus doesn't mean your neighbors can.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Dave Brabec wrote:Heard public ramps closing today.Stores are closing.
Where did you hear that?
CLEAN AND DRY
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

This is false
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

BigBassDaddy1190 wrote:
This is false
Thanks.
CLEAN AND DRY
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

:mrgreen:
Attachments
I’ll stop fishing when I stop doing t.h.i.s...Rick Clunn
I’ll stop fishing when I stop doing t.h.i.s...Rick Clunn
5F462083-4F46-46D2-A752-5B9C2699841D.jpeg
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

I am a little confused, are the last 2 pictures of nice fish catch's from today (Thursday) and from Clear Lake or are they from today some where to illustrate fishing is and always will be fun :D
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

Yesterday, it was pretty skunky for awhile. In that case i would say stay home. Then we got lucky, so in that case go fishing. 2 boats on the water including us. not Clearlake never fished it. All in all don’t the fish have the final say. Listen to the fish.
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

I just took a short, non-essential drive :-) around an the area (Clear Lake).
I went to 3 ramps, all open and all had several boats that had launched.
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

Bored again already. Yard work is done, dishes done, laundry done. No sports, no thirsty Thursday. And Tom Brady is on the Tampa bucs. What’s the world coming to. This is gonna suck for a while. Hate to say this but I’m ready to go back to work.
BiggieSmall

Post by BiggieSmall »

If you can go on a run, walk and hike. Why can’t you take your boat out for a run by yourself. Aren’t you practicing social distance?
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

With .99 cent a gallon gas NOW is the time to fish. if allowed too :D
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

gas still way over $3 a gallon here
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

For me the hard part is do I leave my family to go fishing or stay home -
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

ash wrote:For me the hard part is do I leave my family to go fishing or stay home -
Sounds to me like many people are going to be sent home to work remote or "shelter in place" at home.
If you are one of them, you are going to have an abundance of "family time" ....... Go Fishing !!!
Mark 1

Post by Mark 1 »

All interesting discussion and viewpoints. But to add to this, as of this morning, even though it seems there has been a push in Lake County to enforce the shelter in place and no non essential travel the powers that be up here can't seem to get on the same page. Yesterday an employee of the Clearlake P.D. advised my friend that if he was coming from outside Lake County, a police officer could ask him to leave if he had contact with him at the Redbud ramp. However, as of this morning the county is allowing sales of visitor quagga stickers. I think in a small county like Lake, the city and county officials should at least communicate and get on the same page as it relates to how they want to interpret their ordinances.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

MichaelB wrote:
ash wrote:For me the hard part is do I leave my family to go fishing or stay home -
Sounds to me like many people are going to be sent home to work remote or "shelter in place" at home.
If you are one of them, you are going to have an abundance of "family time" ....... Go Fishing !!!
Naw im working from home and already getting cabin fever more from SHITF scenario of martial law i dont want to be too far away -its a protection thing.

The truth is guys lakes and ramps are closing moment to moment. Jigs started a good thread about lakes that remain open, lets try to keep that thread alive with lakes that you have personally confirmed they are open with the date and time in the subject.

I will update it to my best ability :D
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

Fished Clear Lake today, a ton of boats on the water.
Bite was pretty good too
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

StogieMan wrote:Fished Clear Lake today, a ton of boats on the water.
Bite was pretty good too
They may be closing the lake to boating after today...
Last edited by JoeLanghans on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fromthemill

Post by Fromthemill »

I don't understand why. They were just saying on the news that fishing was a good activity that is allowed.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

I would risk it and go though, no clue how they could enforce it with all the private launch ramps and houses on the lake... Call the Lake County Sheriff and department of public health, they told me traveling while towing a boat is a not an essential activity and will not be allowed. The Sheriffs office refused to talk to me about it.
Last edited by JoeLanghans on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

For 3/21/20 sat. and 3/22/20 sun.
All lakes will be open to day use boating and fishing.
Pineflat Reservior 559-787-2589
Millerton Lake 559-822-2332
Eastman Lake 559-689-3255
Hensley Lake 559-673-5151
Last edited by jiggin4bass on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Basssss

Post by Basssss »

Come on guys. We are all on here because we love to fish. But the reality is that this is a pandemic and things are about to get a lot worse.
Cases will increase exponentially
Our outdated medical facilities are full, out of supplies and about to get more crowded.

Slowing this thing down so we can keep up is what we are after...

bringing this virus around to our friends, family or around all my aged fishing buddies would be something that could be life changing or ending and I'm sure no one wants to be the guy who spread it.

So let's hold back and let this pass so we can ALL fish another day....
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

JoeLanghans wrote:... Call the Lake County Sheriff and department of public health, they told me traveling while towing a boat is a not an essential activity and will not be allowed. The Sheriffs office refused to talk to me about it.
Is this for real ? ...... how long is it going to be before this is adopted everywhere.
Can't say I am surprised
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

My buddy just told me foreman creek gate was open yesterday
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Only reason lakes are getting closed is because no one is adhering to shelter in place order.Stay home. I want to go fishing also but staying home. Slow the spread. 600 people died in Italy in 24 hours
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Basssss wrote:Come on guys. We are all on here because we love to fish. But the reality is that this is a pandemic and things are about to get a lot worse.
Cases will increase exponentially
Our outdated medical facilities are full, out of supplies and about to get more crowded.

Slowing this thing down so we can keep up is what we are after...

bringing this virus around to our friends, family or around all my aged fishing buddies would be something that could be life changing or ending and I'm sure no one wants to be the guy who spread it.

So let's hold back and let this pass so we can ALL fish another day....
Amen. Live to fish another day.
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Dave Brabec wrote:Only reason lakes are getting closed is because no one is adhering to shelter in place order.Stay home. I want to go fishing also but staying home. Slow the spread. 600 people died in Italy in 24 hours
This will be a headline here soon enough. Do your part, and stay home.
CLEAN AND DRY
Garrett Charter

Post by Garrett Charter »

As long as people keep going out the longer this is going to last and keep people out of work and kids at home driving me crazy. I want to fish as bad as anyone but be responsible and respectful and stay home so we can get back normal life.
Garrett Charter
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Garrett Charter wrote:As long as people keep going out the longer this is going to last and keep people out of work and kids at home driving me crazy. I want to fish as bad as anyone but be responsible and respectful and stay home so we can get back normal life.
Exactly!
I am 73, so I don't have that many more spawns to fish, but most of you do. Be smart, and help everyone survive to fish the next one.
CLEAN AND DRY
madgaffer

Post by madgaffer »

Garrett Charter wrote:As long as people keep going out the longer this is going to last and keep people out of work and kids at home driving me crazy. I want to fish as bad as anyone but be responsible and respectful and stay home so we can get back normal life.
It’s is important to allow people a positive outlet during stressful times . It is possible to fish with very reduced risk . Don’t fish with anyone outside your household , bring all your needs with you , fuel up responsibly ( disinfect or where gloves ) . If you can’t fish ( or any other activity for that matter ) without minimal to no exposure for you and the public don't go ! It’s simple follow the intent of the order .