Essential Travel during "Shelter in Place"

dogfish2

Essential Travel during "Shelter in Place"

Post by dogfish2 »

Just passing this information:
Friend of mine called and said he was stopped on the Interstate by "Authorities" for trailering his boat as this is not considered to be essential travel from home. He was given a warning and told to return home. "Shelter In Place" according to the Governor's directive means that people should stay close to home and not use their time off to travel to other areas for recreation and possibly spread a dormant virus or contact one" is what my friend was told. There were other fishermen that were stopped as well. Anyone have this experience? Be well and stay safe.
jiggin4bass

Re: Essential Travel during "Shelter in Place"

Post by jiggin4bass »

31 boats on Eastman lake today as of 2:45 pm Essential in catching bass :D
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Just got info from Hensley lake 25 to 30 boats and alot of shore anglers.again Essential for catching trout catfish and bass :D
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Would be interested to hear if anyone else had been pulled over with their boat ?
Can't say I am surprised.
basshol

Post by basshol »

If your feeding your family its essential travel.i would call that department and complain. They can't stop you from eating.. but it's ok to go golf.
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

100 mile round trip from Modesto to the delta yesterday. No problems and plenty of boats on the delta.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

The sheriff were up patroling both lakes Eastman and Hensley none of them ask boaters or shore fisherman to go home.
They drove through the parking lots and out never stop. I talk to a highway patrolman earlier day in are county he said you won't get stop for going fishing at either lake. He also said sheriff's will pretty much tell you same thing.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
fishercurtis

Post by fishercurtis »

Where were you heading when you were stopped?
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
rjt18b

Post by rjt18b »

The officer pulling him over created less social distancing than he was going to have all day on the lake. Don't think bass carry covid-19...
jclark

Post by jclark »

I went to Lake Berryessa today 3 hour round trip on the road, no issues.
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Thanks guys for putting the info out there. What Ramps are open in the delta, is Ladds open in Stockton?
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

Whisky was open friday. Talked to one of the guys there and he gave no indication they would be closing.
MarkB67

Post by MarkB67 »

Big Break in the Delta was open and pretty packed. Lots (and I mean lots!) of boats on the water ... Almost seemed like there was a big tournament going on with all the traffic. I drove from Lafayette.
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Russos and Orwood marinas are open as of yesterday. I think this order is very vague as of now and prob not going to be enforced by the letter of the law by most officers and deputies. But each locality is different and every officer/deputy is his or her own person. If you are on the water with your boat you should be fine. If you are towing your boat on the road to or from the water is when you’re going to possibly have problems. As of now, don’t believe the fake news about people getting citations for being out and about. At some point this might and probably will change. I wouldn’t be surprised as this pandemic gets worse that national guard along with state and local authorities will setup checkpoints to halt unnecessary travel to curb the spread of the virus. All of know that fishing isn’t going to spread the virus but being in close contact with others will. I was on the delta yesterday and saw numerous boats with 3 and 4 persons on it. I’m assuming that these people all know each other well and know that they are not infected lol. Practice the social distancing and make sure you always taking appropriate precautions when you gas up and get groceries. Be safe and stay healthy for you and your family.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

All 4 Lake here in the Central valley were busy this weekend
Hensley & Eastman lakes Bass and Trout were being caught
Millerton Spotted bass were hitting
Pineflat both Spotted bass and trout being caught
I got some good report over the weekend
Call before heading to the lakes
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Given no one has responded to the OP regarding "being pulled over" with your boat, one would have to assume the OP was an isolated incident.

I just called the CHP Sacramento Valley Division and the CHP Golden Gate Division and asked them the same question. The response was there is no official CHP or State "guidelines" at this point for suspending traveling with your boat under the premise of not being "Essential Travel". Having said that the Officer did indicate being pulled over for towing your boat would be at the discretion of the field officer, however, to her knowledge no citations are being written.