Changes for C&C Marine

WB Staff

Changes for C&C Marine

Post by WB Staff »

changes.jpg
Cand C Marine

TEMPORARY CHANGE IN BUSINESS HOURS:

Until further notice, C & C Marine will be temporarily changing our business hours to 9am-3pm, Tuesday-Saturday. CLOSED on Sunday-Monday.

This will begin Tuesday, March 24th, 2020. We are still accepting service appointments, and have plenty of parts and tackle available! Call us if you're looking for something in particular! We will still have the option of a "no contact" transaction, just call and let us know!

Stay safe everyone!
R73guide

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Post by R73guide »

Thanks for helping slow the curve.
Seem to be choosing profit over customer and employee health.
C & C Marine

Post by C & C Marine »

R73guide wrote:Thanks for helping slow the curve.
Seem to be choosing profit over customer and employee health.
Thank you for your concern for our many customers and employees. I can assure you that we at C&C Marine are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our communities by reducing the number of people we come into contact with. We have shortened our hours to the public, initiated the option of a "no contact" interaction with any person requesting one, are sanitizing/cleaning daily, among many other things. During this time we have chosen to keep our doors open to give our customers the chance and choice to continue doing one of the many things they love during this confusing time, fishing. We have given our employees the option to stay home if they choose, but as long as they want to work we won't take that option away. So please rest assured this isn't for "profit", but our way of not only supporting our local communities, but our employees and their families as well. Stay safe, and have fun on the water!

C&C Marine
http://www.teamccmarine.com

C & C Marine - Modesto
747 South 9th st
Modesto, CA 95351
209-526-4120

C & C Marine - Newcastle
9390 Old State Highway
Newcastle, CA 95658
916-729-0590
R73guide

Post by R73guide »

“Not for profit”, your doors wouldn’t be open at all then.
Let’s say a customer comes in, initiates your “no contact” service. But while browsing the store picks up a pack of worms, then realizes it’s the wrong color and puts it back. That customer could potentially contaminate that pack of worms, only for some unsuspecting customer later to pick them and transfer the virus.

Personally I don’t think “limited hours” are helping. Shutting the doors as most all other dealerships/service centers are might be a better solution for your “many customers and employees”
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

R73: Your attacks on C&C Marine are really unwarranted. There are great people there, and I do business there often. For your information, as an outboard/marine repair shop they are considered by the Governors Orders as an "Essential Business" and are exempt from closure requirements. Their store which also sells parts is exempt for the same reasons. Home Depot is also open ....... why don't you go rag on them.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Okay, lets think about this.

The majority of companies are in no win situations, regardless of their decision to continue biz as usual or not.

Some tourney orgs try to continue tournaments and get blasted for doing so, some cancel and get condemned for that call.

Some tackle stores closed voluntarily, as they weren't sure if they would qualify as "essential" and they have unhappy customers telling them other tackle stores stayed open and they should've too. Still other tackle stores stayed open and are getting negative comments about jeopardizing safety. Some were even closed by law enforcement.

For the most part, it is a no win situation where no matter what is decided, some part of public opinion is going to disagree and then that's what is great about America. We get the freedom to choose, to have an opinion and even voice it (hopefully in a respectful way).

On the same note, for the most part, we are all trying to do the best we can do in the most uncertain, unprecedented situation that we have experienced in our lifetime.

Let's realize, we may not agree and we can visit an open location or not, depending on what we decide for ourself, but let's not condemn either way that a company decides to go.

#WishinWeWereFishin
Andrew5414

Post by Andrew5414 »

If I were you I would worry more about going to your local grocery store, pretty sure off all the places to contract it c and c would be the very last place.
The store is very clean on top of the extra sanitizing for the situation. Thank you c and c for staying open for the anglers who need and appreciate you guys being open.
R73guide

Post by R73guide »

Not for profit
Attachments
22E4E4B4-615D-4FBD-9EED-170AAA037279.jpeg
JL

Post by JL »

R73guide wrote:Not for profit
R73, We all need to eat! What is the problem with them offering a service discount?
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

R73guide wrote:Not for profit
So you want them to do it for free? GTFOOH.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

R73 You'll get over it.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

[quote="R73guide"]“Not for profit”

You apparently have never owned a business !! There's a HUGE difference in "Not For Profit" and "FREE" !! I applaud C&C for their effort to stay in business by offering work/service/products at a discount that more than likely just covers the cost of the work/service/products along with the cost of just keeping the doors open !! It's called "OVERHEAD !! If they were to give it to you FREE, then they would LOOSE money !! Good job C&C !! My boat was purchased there in 2002, and if I lived closer they would get all my service work done there too !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Mitch wrote:
R73guide wrote:“Not for profit”

You apparently have never owned a business !! There's a HUGE difference in "Not For Profit" and "FREE" !! I applaud C&C for their effort to stay in business by offering work/service/products at a discount that more than likely just covers the cost of the work/service/products along with the cost of just keeping the doors open !! It's called "OVERHEAD !! If they were to give it to you FREE, then they would LOOSE money !! Good job C&C !! My boat was purchased there in 2002, and if I lived closer they would get all my service work done there too !!
I was with you until “loose”.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

BigBassDaddy1190 wrote:
Mitch wrote:

:lol:
ILW

Post by ILW »

C&C offering a service at a discount when money is tight for most and business is slow due to shutdowns. Good for them.
It is very different than the stores that have jacked up their prices on what is supposed to be essential food items or toilet paper and are price gouging their customers at the same time of need when money is tight for most. I paid $38 dollar for one pack of paper towels and one pack of toilet paper at a chain retailer we all know. Thanks to the mom and pops in the world like C&C that are trying to work for their customer and their employees and their own business instead of trying to gouge their customers because they can.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

ILW wrote:C&C offering a service at a discount when money is tight for most and business is slow due to shutdowns. Good for them.
It is very different than the stores that have jacked up their prices on what is supposed to be essential food items or toilet paper and are price gouging their customers at the same time of need when money is tight for most. I paid $38 dollar for one pack of paper towels and one pack of toilet paper at a chain retailer we all know. Thanks to the mom and pops in the world like C&C that are trying to work for their customer and their employees and their own business instead of trying to gouge their customers because they can.
ILW you should report the store that sold you the $38 pack of paper towels. Price gouging is illegal in CA. Here is a link you can report it to the state attorney general:

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/pricegougi ... gdisasters
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

BigBassDaddy1190 wrote:
Mitch wrote:

LOL !! Damn finger stutter !! How about "Lose" ???
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms