Statewide fishing closure

DanIsaac

Statewide fishing closure

Post by DanIsaac »

Announcement could come as early as today. Stay tuned.
Last edited by DanIsaac on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
JL

Re: Statewide fishibg closure

Post by JL »

YOU THINK???? :lol:
DanIsaac

Re: Statewide fishing closure

Post by DanIsaac »

There is a meeting today from what I have been told and one option is statewide closure until June 1st .
Comcerns wigh trout opener comiing in 3 weeks and Memorial Day crowds.
The other option is much worse....like remainder of 2020.

This aini t good fellas!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

JL

Post by JL »

When is this MEETING you speak of ? You are correct, this isn't good! Thanks for the heads up!
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

If they impose these restrictions; do we get reimbursed for our fishing license?? I think I know the answer, however if we are not allowed to fish by the State Government we should be compensated.
JL

Post by JL »

Bruce Theriot wrote:If they impose these restrictions; do we get reimbursed for our fishing license?? I think I know the answer, however if we are not allowed to fish by the State Government we should be compensated.
Are you kidding ME ? Would never happen! By compensation? Please explain exactly what you mean please?
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

What are ya worried about. This is for our own good. Remember? We should not be allowed to think for ourselves.
The almighty state of Ca knows best
Aww quit complaining
Last edited by J Gondal on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bshort

Post by bshort »

Heard it from the friend of a friend that heard it from "they?"
sThurmon

Post by sThurmon »

Had a 2 fish challenge this weekend with a few buddies. We all went out solo or fished with son. I saw multiple boats with 2-4 fisherman. Not obeying the guidelines. How do you even get to the lake 2 per truck? Pisses me off. This is why they may close this down.

Sheriff/warden could start ticketing 2+ per boat

also, alot of people eat fish. Cant believe they can or should keep people from catching dinner.

I am respectful of what the intent of the laws are. Closing fishing is not the answer.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

sThurmon wrote:Had a 2 fish challenge this weekend with a few buddies. We all went out solo or fished with son. I saw multiple boats with 2-4 fisherman. Not obeying the guidelines. How do you even get to the lake 2 per truck? Pisses me off. This is why they may close this down.

Sheriff/warden could start ticketing 2+ per boat

also, alot of people eat fish.
Cant believe they can or should keep people fromI am respectful of what the intent of the laws are. Closing fishing is not the answer.

Can’t believe it? You must be new to Ca. Or young. Not insulting but if you have been around for 50 years this comes as no surprise at all
More expected
Last edited by J Gondal on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I always have backup plan I have several customers/ friends that have private land that have ponds on there property's that I can fish. It's works for me. :D
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
JL

Post by JL »

jiggin4bass wrote:I always have backup plan I have several customers/ friends that have private land that have ponds on there property's that I can fish. It's works for me. :D
That's because YOU are SPECIAL! LOL! :lol: :lol: Catch a few for the REST of us! Have fun and do not forget your "social distancing" Har!
nate50

Post by nate50 »

Is it a fishing ban or boating ban?
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

I'll wait until actual guidelines are passed/updated before I get pissed about a statewide fishing closure. It's too easy to cry over unspilled milk.

But what's been bothering me in general is that laws are not getting enforced in the first place, so the regulations have no teeth. Instead of of enforcing the rules (and sending a message to other rule-breakers to stop doing it), restrictions are just escalated, punishing the people who were following everything in the first place. "Too many people went to the beach without social distancing, so we're closing all beaches!" "Did you hand out tickets to punish the irresponsible people, without hurting the ones acting responsibly?" "Uhm, no." Repeat for trails, parks etc. Maybe at some point we can actually enforce the existing rules instead of displaying this "Well, whatcha gonna do? Let's just lock it all down" attitude. I believe that the distancing rules are fundamentally sound and needed and working (we can see them working in CA's death-per-1-million-citizens stat, which is way lower than in other places). But ruining it for everybody because a group of people are not following the order is terrible.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

Well, they closed all the ramps at Lake Powell so nothing surprises me. In Arizona all of our ramps are staying open so far. I have a non refundable house rented in Page for May 8th so hope the hysteria is over by then. My buddy from Oregon is coming down for that trip and he says all public and private boat ramps are closed and no guiding is allowed. Crazy times.
cdevette

Post by cdevette »

J Gondal wrote:What are ya worried about. This is for our own good. Remember? We should not be allowed to think for ourselves.
Aww quit complaining
This is really getting uncomfortable, not the fact that some lakes are closing but the fact the it has been waaay to easy for the "state" take away our personal rights guaranteed by the Constitution. It just seems everyone is "OK" with the "its for our own good" excuse.
People getting tickets in San Diego for watching the sunset INSIDE their car... :shock: :shock:
YIKES.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

cdevette wrote:
J Gondal wrote:What are ya worried about. This is for our own good. Remember? We should not be allowed to think for ourselves.
Aww quit complaining
This is really getting uncomfortable, not the fact that some lakes are closing but the fact the it has been waaay to easy for the "state" take away our personal rights guaranteed by the Constitution. It just seems everyone is "OK" with the "its for our own good" excuse.
People getting tickets in San Diego for watching the sunset INSIDE their car... :shock: :shock:
YIKES.
You are one who sees it like I do. I am not OK with this.
madgaffer

Post by madgaffer »

I would find this a unacceptable! I would like to no exactly how the state is working around the constitution ?
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Near by state has already stopped fishing on March 25th
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

nate50 wrote:Is it a fishing ban or boating ban?

My understanding is BOTH....

Scott L

Post by Scott L »

cdevette wrote:
Aww quit complaining
YIKES.
This^^^^^.

This event is a wet dream for those that desire power to control others.
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

WHY???
richdoe

Post by richdoe »

We need to move to Texas: Texas Governor declares fishing and hunting essential activities during COVID-19 pandemic
https://tinyurl.com/whw4u92
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

UPDATE:

The scheduled meeting for today was pushed back to "mid-week", and it was confirmed that the main concern is the coming trout opener, and boats with more than 1-2 people per vessel all over the local lakes.

If you go out fellas you may wanna consider that.

Stay tuned as they say!

Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

When I fished the bank the other day I felt like a refugee. That ain’t right. I pay my taxes and work for an essential business, helping fund this mess in some way. I’m cool with the one man one boat or one car for fishing. Even if it’s a +1 it’s probably a family member as in my case. You can’t keep people away from family. That said I’ll probably stay away from jitterbug for next 3 weeks. Which are projected to be the spike in cases in California. Guess we should of had some kind of B A S S union setup to better protect or fishing rights. The funny thing is I see people doing YouTube sing alongs with their guitars not practicing social distancing(which I call “diplomatic discipline”tm, don’t like that social word) why don’t they take their guitars away or better yet smash em like a rock star, bet they would love that.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

DanIsaac wrote:UPDATE:

The scheduled meeting for today was pushed back to "mid-week", and it was confirmed that the main concern is the coming trout opener, and boats with more than 1-2 people per vessel all over the local lakes.

If you go out fellas you may wanna consider that.

Stay tuned as they say!
All lakes are closed to boating though...
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

What all the fuss about if they close they close. Give the lakes a break. Dam I thought I'd never say that but :D
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley