CA ---> AZ

CC626

CA ---> AZ

Post by CC626 »

I hope someone out there has been able to fish. I want to make a trip from San Diego to Lake Havasu for a few days with the boat on a solo trip. Has anyone been across the state line recently? I have a buddy who lives in Havasu and he said all the ramps are still open. Im just concerned about towing a boat 4 and 1/2 hour drive to be turned around. Any information would help.

Thanks,
CLC
toddmc

Re: CA ---> AZ

Post by toddmc »

I'm in the same situation. I may go on Monday. If you get pulled over, have a story about how you are storing your boat somewhere in Havasu. :D I worry more about coming back in this crappy state of ours. I have to go through the checkpoint on Rice Road. I have come across some real overzealous boat inspectors there. I have my livewells open, my anchor clean and dry, and my plug out before I get there, or else they attack my boat and start tearing through compartments like I am an illegal drug mule.
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

I didn't know if my trip to Havasu from SoCal was going to be a covert CIA operation gone wrong, or more of a successful Smokey and the Bandit episode. I headed east out of the Coachella Valley at 2:30 am on the I-10 towing 70 mph because of the nearly empty roads. I was picking off a few semi trucks going up the grade with an unrecognizable car many car lengths behind me, and very slowly gaining. It wasn't until several miles before I recognized the CHP Dodge Charger headlights. Buford T. Justice never even bothered with me, and went past me at about 1 mph faster on cruise control. Havasu is almost at full party mode with not a facemask in sight. It was busy. The roads in AZ were freshly paved and gas was $1.85 a gallon. I even got smiled at and offered a beer on the lake. This hasn't happened in CA in decades! :D The campground at Cattail Cove was full of legal and well-behaved people. What a refreshing experience. It was almost like another planet.
CyclistG

Post by CyclistG »

toddmc wrote:I didn't know if my trip to Havasu from SoCal was going to be a covert CIA operation gone wrong, or more of a successful Smokey and the Bandit episode. I headed east out of the Coachella Valley at 2:30 am on the I-10 towing 70 mph because of the nearly empty roads. I was picking off a few semi trucks going up the grade with an unrecognizable car many car lengths behind me, and very slowly gaining. It wasn't until several miles before I recognized the CHP Dodge Charger headlights. Buford T. Justice never even bothered with me, and went past me at about 1 mph faster on cruise control. Havasu is almost at full party mode with not a facemask in sight. It was busy. The roads in AZ were freshly paved and gas was $1.85 a gallon. I even got smiled at and offered a beer on the lake. This hasn't happened in CA in decades! :D The campground at Cattail Cove was full of legal and well-behaved people. What a refreshing experience. It was almost like another planet.
“The campground at Cattail Cove was full of legal and well-behaved people”????
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Brian Day has a Havasu house and goes back and forth between CA and AZ - i haven't heard of any issues.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/