Social Distancing... NOT

Drakestar

Re: Social Distancing... NOT

Post by Drakestar »

J Gondal wrote:
biteme wrote:I've said enough here. I'll do what I can while my state allows it. Good luck anyone.
I agree. When I ask real questions like

How can you believe a state that says I will not close fishing but only postpone trout season
When all the lakes are ALREADY closed?

All I hear is crickets. Face the facts.
Don’t read between the lines
Read between the LIES!

Peace out naive friends
I guess I don't know who makes those rules, but I know that in Marin (where I live), it wasn't the state that closed the reservoirs. It was Marin County, and I've come to expect that from the local government (which unfortunately is often activist). I know that Clear Lake was not closed by the state, it was the local Lake County government that made that decision. And that's a way more conservative area than around here, one that lives off tourism, and they still did it. (It's also only closed to non-residents, if I understand it correctly).

That said, I don't know who made, or pushed, the delta regulations.
Last edited by Drakestar on Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

Robb R wrote:To say that more people travelled from China to New York VS . China to Bay Area to inaccurate .
I am in technology in Silicon Valley , for 35 years ---- huge amounts of travel from/to China and Silicon Valley every single day --- in huge numbers . Not to mention that people wanted to get in/out of China before Chinese New Year shut down their economy for 10 days .
I was going of Chinese population numbers. And as big as that is here in the Bay Area (I'm also in tech around here - Hi! :) ), NYC still has a larger population (900k vs 600k around here). But I'd be the first to agree that it's a bit academic to discuss those details. I just find it hard to believe that CA would have gotten the virus way before NYC, back in December (as the conspiracy claims).
cdevette

Post by cdevette »

"We are seeing the most draconian measures enforced at all levels of government that we've ever seen in our lifetimes, and yet rather than being alarmed by the things going on, so many of you applaud.

People are being arrested for spending too much time outside, and you applaud. Pastors are being arrested for daring to hold church services, and you applaud. A child's birthday party is raided by police, and you applaud. A young woman is ticketed for going on a leisurely drive alone because it's deemed "non-essential travel", and you applaud. A parade of school teachers and administrators who wanted to drive through neighborhoods and wave at children is busted up by cops because they were "non-essential," and you applaud. A lone paddle-boarder in the ocean on a beach without any other people around is arrested because he's violating quarantine orders, and you applaud.

People are being denied life saving medical treatments because they're not a priority right now (not "essential" as deemed by the government) as the entirety of our medical system is focused on one thing, and you applaud.

Businesses are beings forcibly closed and padlocked and owners arrested for refusing to shut down, and you applaud. Dairy farmers (and soon, other farmers) are being incentivized to stop dairy farming and to sell their herds, and you don't seem to understand the implications.

You're being told to use hotlines and online forms provided by your local governments to report your neighbors who don't obey, and you comply. You scold people day after day for not obeying government edicts, and if any of us dare to question what's happening, you lecture about how we're a danger to society and and we just don't care about people dying.

You've somehow managed to convince yourselves that the people whose lives are affected by a virus are MUCH more important than the people whose lives are being destroyed (and in many cases, leading to death) by the effects of a worldwide economic shutdown and impending worldwide depression the likes of which no one has ever seen before.

At what point will you start QUESTIONING what's going on? How far does the government have to push before you're jolted awake from your slumber? How far are you willing to go with this?

If they told you to load your families onto train cars so that you could be taken to Virus Protection Facilities for your own safety, would you do it?

YES. Yes, you would.That much has become painfully obvious to me. And the whole time, you'd be shaking your finger and yelling at those of us who refused, accusing us of being "a danger to society" and "not caring if people die."

But they don't have to load you onto train cars and take you to Virus Protection Facilities, or force you to comply, because you do that voluntarily. They control your mind. They control you through fear. They control you by convincing you that the world is a scary dangerous place, but they're here to protect you, care for you, and keep you safe, just as long as you OBEY.

They know that as long as you're locked inside your comfortable home with Netflix, Hulu, Face-book, Twitter, Instagram, and a cell phone, while dangling a $1200 check in front of you like a carrot on a stick, you'll comply. No force is necessary for the majority of the herd.

YOU ARE IMPRISONED, willingly, and you're too blind to see it. - Anonymous Brave American"
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

AMEN!!!!!!!
Now that’s hitting the nail on the head
biteme

Post by biteme »

J Gondal wrote:
biteme wrote:I've said enough here. I'll do what I can while my state allows it. Good luck anyone.
I agree. When I ask real questions like

How can you believe a state that says I will not close fishing but only postpone trout season
When all the lakes are ALREADY closed?

All I hear is crickets. Face the facts.
Don’t read between the lines
Read between the LIES!

Peace out naive friends

Facts!! This is all politics, Gavin wants his cake and wants to eat it too.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Johnny and zona have something to say
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-3OB3yjAM ... hare_sheet
Addicted Fisherman

Post by Addicted Fisherman »

Does California control the Army Corp of Engineers ran lakes?
Addicted Fisherman

Like Merle Haggard said, If you don’t love it, leave it. California is no exception.
Addicted Fisherman

Cdevette, who is they? Donald Trump, the President of the United States is telling us this is serious, and to social distance. I have not heard about any of the circumstances you just spoke of. Let’s have some links to the articles.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Addicted Fisherman wrote:Cdevette, who is they? Donald Trump, the President of the United States is telling us this is serious, and to social distance. I have not heard about any of the circumstances you just spoke of. Let’s have some links to the articles.
The news. Cnn. MSNBC
I saw the church deal on tv. the guy on the surf board arrested on the radio.
Oh wait. It’s all fake News now.

Nope will not leave Ca. Fight For freedom until tyranny is smashed
biteme

Post by biteme »

J Gondal wrote:
Addicted Fisherman wrote:Cdevette, who is they? Donald Trump, the President of the United States is telling us this is serious, and to social distance. I have not heard about any of the circumstances you just spoke of. Let’s have some links to the articles.
The news. Cnn. MSNBC
I saw the church deal on tv. the guy on the surf board arrested on the radio.
Oh wait. It’s all fake News now.

Nope will not leave Ca. Fight For freedom until tyranny is smashed
Better man than me, left 5 years ago. Love it here but CA transplants are getting thick around here. That's good and bad if you know what I mean.
Grande Verde Pesca

Post by Grande Verde Pesca »

The day is fast approaching that the people need to put the "rulers" on notice that WE WILL NO LONGER COMPLY!
The entire community needs to mobilize on the same day...and GET ON WITH LIFE AS NORMAL.
cdevette

Post by cdevette »

..just fyi
https://onscene.tv/hyde-park-officers-d ... -pandemic/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/timesofsan ... nitas/amp/

https://time.com/5814488/businesses-not ... wn-orders/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latime ... f_amp=true

Need I go on?
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

Robb R wrote:To say that more people travelled from China to New York VS . China to Bay Area to inaccurate .
I am in technology in Silicon Valley , for 35 years ---- huge amounts of travel from/to China and Silicon Valley every single day --- in huge numbers . Not to mention that people wanted to get in/out of China before Chinese New Year shut down their economy for 10 days . If any location would have gotten this first --- it would be the Bay Area .
They are also claiming most of the people getting sick in New York can be directly traced to European travellers .
Is it possible that Bay Area had it in US first --- YES , was in all the way back to December ? ---only testing will determine that .
I found a Chronicle article that mentions that "December" is a possibility after all here: https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/New ... 194436.php I figure I'd post that, as well, even (or especially because!) it potentially contradicts some of my earlier posts. I guess time will tell.
Drakestar

Post by Drakestar »

cdevette wrote:
..just fyi
https://onscene.tv/hyde-park-officers-d ... -pandemic/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/timesofsan ... nitas/amp/

https://time.com/5814488/businesses-not ... wn-orders/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latime ... f_amp=true

Need I go on?
I'd love to live in a world where multiple things can be true: officers dispersing that birthday party was good because those people were not acting responsibly; officers giving out tickets to San Diego residents enjoying the sunset in their cars was utter BS; neighbors snitching on other neighbors is BS as well; and that paddle-boarder getting arrested actually made more sense than it seems because a) the beaches were closed, b) he didn't follow multiple orders to leave the water and c) it's apparently quite dangerous at the beach right now because all the flushed LA water goes into the ocean and viruses (like SARS-CoV-2) are in the air around that beach. But I wouldn't want to fight anybody who wants to call BS on that last one.

But then, similarly, I'd love to live in the world where additional multiple things can be true, as well: this pandemic is serious and the results could be catastrophic; local governments are making decisions to the best of their ability even if they're getting it wrong a bunch (particularly when they create one-size-fits-all bans); police overreach on enforcing the health order will happen and we'll have "BS!" worthy articles to post here, but there's just as many positive examples (like friendly cops just waving at the bass boats - see earlier post in this thread); our civil liberties are currently curtailed, but not every government action is an evil ploy to control people and change the fabric of society - they're just getting it wrong a bunch as they act to the best of their ability.

I mean - all of those can be true, right? And we'll all have different opinions on it, but hopefully we can leave the paranoia and hysteria at the door. Just look at how up in arms everybody just got about the message that "they are trying to close all CA fishing for the rest of the year!", and it turned out that the truth was much less drastic and much more nuanced.

In the end I wish I'd have more bass fishing stuff to post about again! :)
Senkosam

Post by Senkosam »

Misinformation contributes to chaos and makes it worse by increasing doubt and lack of trust. Rumor has it that Fauci may be out because of his latest statement that social distancing should have been considered in Jan. when the government first learned of the spread to the U.S. One thing many disagree on: that Trump does or does not screw up. You either believe he has nothing to apologize for - EVER - and that his actions are and will be instrumental in producing positive outcomes on all fronts or that future misinformation and politics well delay any normalcy from happening any time soon.

I wrote a post in politics forum concerning my concerns about the negative implications of what has not taken place on a national scale. When the nation and its population are suddenly at risk, swift action (ie. after Pearl Harbor), immediate executive action must be prompt. Without it death is imminent. Painting rosy pictures such as everything will be back to normal by Easter contradicts what is know about this contagion in the extreme. All the concerns I listed won't simply go away without organized efforts and coordinatization at the federal level. Outrage over restrictions regarding fishing and other newly enacted local regs are a symptom and what we can expect as chaos is fed by inaction, piecemeal efforts and misinformation while at the same time too little too late negatively affects every part of our lives and our nation.

In God We Trust is one thing but who on earth can we trust when hidden agendas and self serving actions are the rule where lies, excuses, blame and denial make truth less and less accessible as well as viable solutions. Believe what you want but know this: more people will die, more Americans will suffer unless effective action is taken and BS is exposed for what it is.
Last edited by Senkosam on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

https://www.ktvu.com/news/authorities-b ... up-to-1000

For the enjoyment of the freedom haters
Addicted Fisherman

30-40 people at a birthday party, during a shelter in place order?

7 people watching the sunset together, not following social distancing?

The funny thing is, that if California did
nothing and this got worse, because shelter in place is working, like it has for every other country, the same people world complain that California didn’t take this serious enough, or do enough.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

You are free to shelter in place if you like
As I have chosen to do myself

It’s called freedom of choice
Perhaps many of us no longer believe in our freedom and would prefer big brother to tell us what to do
Now the government limited your freedom drastically and you fear them
Fear them so much that you must support their iron fist rule upon those who gather
When will we mind our own business ?
BigD

Post by BigD »

Blah blah blah.... We are goina all DIE IN 10 YEARS>>>>REMEMBER? No one at the hospitals...And... No one here will go check for yer selves. Easier to blog on a computer. SHEEP. 2 Thessalonians 2;11 I will cause them to believe a lie.....
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Partisan politics kill Americans!... not Covid 19 !
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Birdman920 is 100% right plus you people have way too much free time on your hands. Chill it will go away soon
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
biteme

Post by biteme »

How long are you guys willing to do this? You waiting for a vaccine before returning to work? Because you guys do know it takes one person to start this all over again right? Do you think staying inside will make it go away? We have
Grocery store workers and lines of people that seem to need toilet paper and lots of it.

Auto shops are open

Parts stores are open

Hospital workers aren't on lockdown

Shipping companies are operating

The list goes on. So how do you plan to move forward when these people will get it.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Common sense does not work any more
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

J Gondal wrote:Common sense does not work any more
Actually it does. Too many people just decide not to use it.