Stanfords antibody research came out today. 40k to 80k people in santa clara already had antibodies. Can we fish now!

For political discussions
J Gondal

Re: Stanfords antibody research came out today. 40k to 80k people in santa clara already had antibodies. Can we fish n

Post by J Gondal »

These politicians see the chance to control us and are taking it. They use fear.
There is no reason to lock down the entire state and close camping and fishing.
jiggin4bass

Re: Stanfords antibody research came out today. 40k to 80k people in santa clara already had antibodies. Can we fish n

Post by jiggin4bass »

I'm hoping the bowling alleys are open by June 1st The PBA50 senior are holding a tournament event starting June 14th in Brentwood Ca. It will be my first pro senior tournament event. :D
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If they're right, this virus is a lot less deadly than we think it is now. That would be great news.
The restrictions Gov. Newsom put in place has slowed the spread of the virus remarkably well, and have clearly lessened its impact on California. Let's not forget that in our rush to get back on the water. The stakes are too high.
Slow and steady wins the race.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

It’s obvious that the individual county govts are setting there own set of restrictions “ as they see fit ! most lakes are closed ‘, some are open , most golf courses I see ‘ are open !, beaches closed in 1 co ‘ but open in the neighboring co !, lines in front of Home Depot ‘ 50 deep ! but they don’t want 5 guys launching boats at the ramp ?, none of these govt types have thought about what they are doing !, sad times ‘ when you can’t go fishing , not by the virus “ but by inept govt officials!...
Sam K

Post by Sam K »

mark poulson wrote:I.....Slow and steady wins the race.
This.

Boat's gassed up and ready for the 'all clear'. I'm putting wishes and wants in the backseat and doing my part to keep friends, family, and myself safe from this 'little flu'. (25 NEW cases in Japan today...) See you on the water...soon as the yellow tape goes away.
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

Not sure the CA SIP had as great an affect as some think since the virus has been here since at least Dec and a remote possibility of Nov. It was already well seeded and spread by the SIP order of March 19.

CA self isolates by nature better than NYC. Majority of commuters drive to work and shopping vs NYC crammed into subway cars like sardines. Recent data showed that the reduction in mass transit cars during the initial phases actually packed more people into fewer cars increasing spread in neighborhood hot spots that relied on mass transit.

Most of CA vs NYC lives much less densely (out vs up). Most of the state of NY is unaffected by the virus.

I'm not saying the virus isn't deadly, but killing the economy and people's businesses and livelihoods will most likely have a longer lasting effect and damage to the public. We should have quarantined the at risk groups and let the healthy continue to work if they desired. The arbitrary nature of what was/is considered essential didn't help. We as a society continue to do things that cause deaths everyday. Sell tobacco, drive cars, swimming pools, alcohol contribute to deaths that could be eliminated, but we have weighed the risk vs reward.

We can't lose sight of the fact the models factored in SIP. Now they are trying to leave that out of the equation.

People keep physical distance with or without govt mandates once given the info regarding the severity of the virus.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

SIP may have helped in areas largely infected. SF, Santa Clara. lA, NY
It is nothing less than a power control tactic in many areas with little to no cases of the virus.
I do not believe that this is a conspiracy to take over the country. How ever if you were to take over a country the pieces are in place right now
Durning all this we have to beware of what laws and restriction they are gong to slip in. Beware what rights we will loose
we have no rights during this time. Think of what they are doing
People are not allowed to visit their elder parents in nursing homes
Really think about that. We have temporary lost the first amendment.
People can’t go for a drive. Essential workers are carrying papers to prove they can travel to work. We are not allowed to WORK!
We line up like sheep at the grocery store. We wear a mask in open air

Now they will decide who can go to work and who can’t.
They will tell us what public areas are open and how to use them
Who is allowed to go to the doctor and who is not.

I get it. This is an emergency. However we gave all this up without a single protest. Wake up people.
They have created the perfect storm with fear to do basicly anything fhey want.
We must not let this continue for An extended amount of time.
Before too long we will become conditioned to the current rules of tyranny and accept it as the new normal
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Just what I said !.... inept govt officials “ making uneducated decisions!, National media trying desperately to get ratings” by scaring the crap out of everyone with there lies !, hospitals running the #’s up ! so they get there Covid $”!,partisan politics useing this crisis to further there agendas!... how long can Americans stand for this treatment?... not very much longer’ I imagine!.....
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

birdman920 wrote:Just what I said !.... inept govt officials “ making uneducated decisions!, National media trying desperately to get ratings” by scaring the crap out of everyone with there lies !, hospitals running the #’s up ! so they get there Covid $”!,partisan politics useing this crisis to further there agendas!... how long can Americans stand for this treatment?... not very much longer’ I imagine!.....
The hospitals get money for covid 19 death. Are you aware of that? They are calling a heart attack covid 19 death if the person tested positive. Symptoms or not
Other countries are NOT counting these type of deaths. This explains why we have more deaths
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Sam K wrote:
mark poulson wrote:I.....Slow and steady wins the race.
This.

Boat's gassed up and ready for the 'all clear'. I'm putting wishes and wants in the backseat and doing my part to keep friends, family, and myself safe from this 'little flu'. (25 NEW cases in Japan today...) See you on the water...soon as the yellow tape goes away.
I agree.

When I get frustrated at shelter in place, I stop and think of whether I would trade someone else's life and/or health for my chance to go fishing. The answer is of course not. I don't think any of us would.
The economic impacts that those who are younger and have families to support face are daunting. Lots of people are in terrible jeopardy because of this economic freeze. It is scary.
But that is why we have a Federal Government, to help all of us weather this crisis and come out of it as whole and healthy as possible.
That's what they get paid for, with our taxpayer dollars.
I am just waiting for them to do their job, like the State and County governments already have.
CLEAN AND DRY
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

mark poulson wrote:If they're right, this virus is a lot less deadly than we think it is now. That would be great news.
The restrictions Gov. Newsom put in place has slowed the spread of the virus remarkably well, and have clearly lessened its impact on California. Let's not forget that in our rush to get back on the water. The stakes are too high.
Slow and steady wins the race.
Nothing Newscum has done improved our situation.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

What about this stimulus joke ? the poor working stiff is waiting to get his unemployment check ‘ that is backed up in the system! meanwhile he gets a measly $1200 , when the ultra rich get there 1.7mil checks ..... can’t figure that one out ?
Lipripper1978

Post by Lipripper1978 »

How close to you get to someone else when you go to fish? Think about the whole trip from start to finish.
I could pull it off very isolated. Just curious...
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

50 feet. But does it really matter
JL

Post by JL »

Nothing Newscum has done improved our situation.[/quote]
QUIT SNIVELING! LMFAO! :lol:
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

What more do you want the feds to do?
The day after the president closed China travel
Pelosi went to China town SF to say how safe it was and there is no reason to worry about corona
She visited a restaurant in SF and had the media cover it
Same thing happened in Ny. With the mayor
No worries. Trump is just racist

Dr Fauci said no need to worry Go ahead fly to the super bowl. It’s safe. America need not be concerned
All this in the last week of January if not mistaken
But certainly after the president acted to close travel

Mean while all are calling Trump racist for closing travel from China

Now We know the virus is real. the government has a newly founded power
Pelosi power mad as is her nephew Gavin
they insist Trump order all states to lock down
Witch he did not do.
But wait it gets better.
now that the deaths Are less than projected and Trump mentioned possibly opening the economy They say he does not have that power. It’s up to the governors in each state.

So let me get this straight. The president has all the power but only when it suits Pelosi's criminal gang?
Last edited by J Gondal on Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Why did Trump deny that the virus was a problem for the whole month of February, even though his advisors told him it was serious? That is time to develop tests and treatments that we will never get back. How many people got sick in February from the hoax virus?
CLEAN AND DRY
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

No matter what he does it’s wrong
When he saw a problem the media was against him.
Why didn’t the governors act in feb?
Or did they? I may be corrected.
The whole thing is a mess
Maybe he should have acted in feb.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Are going fishing on your favorite lake soon nope you won't be shot for June 1st
The only people working at most of there lakes are the Dam operators plus the main park ranger to over see what they do. No contact between operators or rangers. The operators work inside the dam and if covid19 get into there areas
then are working in and the virus hit the area they work. They would have shut down and sterilize that hole infected areas basically the area they work in. So if you want to hurry to go fishing. Remember the Dam Operators first let them do there jobs and get through this. So we can all get back to fishing. All Army Corp. Lake are following. This isn't a game there playing. You want to fish then let them do there jobs. This has nothing to do with Governor Newsome. So the longer you rant and rave the longer
they'll will stay shut down. It pretty simple on there part.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
R73guide

Post by R73guide »

I'm hoping the bowling alleys are open by June 1st The PBA50 senior are holding a tournament event starting June 14th in Brentwood Ca. It will be my first pro senior tournament event. :D

Jiggin4bass, you’ll get over it.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Pass the buck !... that’s what it looks like to me ! Feds pass it down to the state, state passes it down to the counties, a individual county won’t lift any “bans” until the next county does it 1st , and nothing will happen “ because they don’t communicate!.....
biteme

Post by biteme »

Been out fishing in NV and I'm usually the only bass boat on the lake. I was shocked to see 11 bass boats and the lot full of CA plates. Had guys asking me about the lake that have never been there. It's early in the season and everyone I talked to blanked but everyone was happy just to be out of the house.

Before anyone freaks out I pack a lunch and don't make any stops.
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

mark poulson wrote:Why did Trump deny that the virus was a problem for the whole month of February, even though his advisors told him it was serious? That is time to develop tests and treatments that we will never get back. How many people got sick in February from the hoax virus?
Sounds like you should run for office. You always have it all figured out.
biteme

Post by biteme »

BigBassDaddy1190 wrote:
mark poulson wrote:Why did Trump deny that the virus was a problem for the whole month of February, even though his advisors told him it was serious? That is time to develop tests and treatments that we will never get back. How many people got sick in February from the hoax virus?
Sounds like you should run for office. You always have it all figured out.
Naw, Biden can fix this lol. Best part is tomorrow he won't remember we even have a virus.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

J Gondal wrote:What more do you want the feds to do?
The day after the president closed China travel
Pelosi went to China town SF to say how safe it was and there is no reason to worry about corona
She visited a restaurant in SF and had the media cover it
Same thing happened in Ny. With the mayor
No worries. Trump is just racist

Dr Fauci said no need to worry Go ahead fly to the super bowl. It’s safe. America need not be concerned
All this in the last week of January if not mistaken
But certainly after the president acted to close travel

Mean while all are calling Trump racist for closing travel from China

Now We know the virus is real. the government has a newly founded power
Pelosi power mad as is her nephew Gavin
they insist Trump order all states to lock down
Witch he did not do.
But wait it gets better.
now that the deaths Are less than projected and Trump mentioned possibly opening the economy They say he does not have that power. It’s up to the governors in each state.

So let me get this straight. The president has all the power but only when it suits Pelosi's criminal gang?
You're not going to get through to any of these Lib's. Michael Savage say's Liberalism is a mental disorder and he's right. They won't answer any of your questions because there isn't an answer that even makes sense to them. All they know is Trump is bad because that's what they're told.

I copied this from another site. Pretty much sums up the governments handling on the subject.

Here are the official Coronavirus guidelines:
1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.
2. Masks are useless. But they will protect you. They can save you, no they can’t, they’re useless, but wear one anyway. Now they’re mandatory. But maybe. Or not.
3. Stores are closed, except for the ones that are open.
4. You should not go to the hospital unless you have to go there. Stay out of the ER at all costs unless you’re having a medical emergency then it’s okay.
5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster. Stay calm.
7. Everyone needs to stay home, but it's important to go out because of sun. Sunlight will kill the virus but not if the virus kills you first by walking in the sunlight where you may be exposed to the virus.
8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.
9. The virus has no effect on children except those it has affected or will affect.
10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested yet, and a tiger.. and one really deadly but also possibly fictional but very sick bat.
11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms.
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Enough bitchen about it, let’s do something about it. All you tournament guys out there, all you recreational boaters out there who are done with our civil liberties being trampled on in the name of public safety. I’m talking to you. How many rigs with boats circling the capital would get some attention? It’s working in other democratic states. Those of you that want to blindly follow the governments recommendations and shelter in place or should I say huddle in place like a scared rabbit waiting to die by all means go ahead. I’m ready and willing to use my common sense and life experience to protect myself and my family, along with the second amendment thank God. It’s past time to open everything up, fishing included ,and get this economy going again. I’d say about 500 rigs would get some attention, anyone else in?
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

I think there was a protest in Sac yesterday ? & possibly another one tomorrow ? if so ? count me in !.....
MasterBassinator

Post by MasterBassinator »

It's not a peer reviewed study therefore it's unreliable. Would be great if it's true though.
MasterBassinator

birdman920 wrote:Just what I said !.... inept govt officials “ making uneducated decisions!, National media trying desperately to get ratings” by scaring the crap out of everyone with there lies !, hospitals running the #’s up ! so they get there Covid $”!,partisan politics useing this crisis to further there agendas!... how long can Americans stand for this treatment?... not very much longer’ I imagine!.....
Yikes...
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

R73guide Everything here is great my jig business is good. 5 new bowling ball came in Friday having the pattern layed out and drilled tomorrow. Oil pattern layed out on the lanes tomorrow we will be bowling on if PBA 50 tournament go on I'll bowl 25 to 30 games practice tomorrow with 5 of my friends that are also bowling the tournament.
Then on Tues a few of my jig customers are invited to go with me to do some bass fishing on some private ponds with me.
I'm slowly getting over it :D
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

this was part of the conclusion from the Stanford study:

"Survey of blood samples suggests between 2.49% and 4.16% of county residents may have coronavirus antibodies"

Stanford estimated between 48,000 and 81,000 people in Santa Clara County may had been infectected..... Thats out of a total population of 1.93 million people. It is such a low percentage of the total population, that this thing still has a bunch of potential to take a turn for the worse. We can't be sure about short term safety yet.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

You're not going to get through to any of these Lib's. Michael Savage say's Liberalism is a mental disorder and he's right. They won't answer any of your questions because there isn't an answer that even makes sense to them. All they know is Trump is bad because that's what they're told.[/quote]

That’s funny. It really is the only explanation
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

It's mostly fear tactics to advance the Dems socialist agenda. So sad, and they don't care to bankrupt millions us small business folk. 70 of 70 folks that died here in San Diego 'all had underlying medical conditions'. HELLO!

Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
not4un

Post by not4un »

CDC numbers now include suspected “probable” COVID deaths. 4,059 in New York alone. No testing done to confirm.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/15/heal ... index.html
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

I have been saying it all along. I was born at night. Just not last night.
Power hungry far left democrats pushing their socialist agenda.
Yes the virus is bad. Yes we need to do something to beat it
No we should not take advantage of it to turn America into a communist country

Think it can’t happen here? Think again. How many countries fight among themselves to be free?
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

I too “ drank there Coolaid” for awhile’ anyway !, but it’s it’s all crystal clear now ! there are powers that be’ out there who are clearly manipulating the American people’ as they see fit !... for political & monitory gain ! sad times !...
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

MasterBassinator wrote:
It's not a peer reviewed study therefore it's unreliable. Would be great if it's true though.
Unreliable because its not peer reviewed? WTF. I've done research. Just because it has not been peer reviewed doesnt mean it is not true. 2+2=4. Do I need a peer review to prove my finding? The sample, the data, is enough to assume some general findings. There's enough to prove that we can go fishing now and the Govt. over reacted.
MasterBassinator

jaime7819 wrote:
MasterBassinator wrote:
Unreliable because its not peer reviewed? WTF. I've done research. Just because it has not been peer reviewed doesnt mean it is not true. 2+2=4. Do I need a peer review to prove my finding? The sample, the data, is enough to assume some general findings. There's enough to prove that we can go fishing now and the Govt. over reacted.
Yes, that's how stuff works in the scientific community for studies to be accepted as reliable. Educate yourself please. I guess it's easy to read headlines and get excited. I was excited too when I initially read about the study because I kind of think that we already had our wave before the shelter in place started but did you know they used old test kits that have a high false positive rate? Think about that... Their data that you think is so reliable is useless because it was gathered from faulty test kits. That's like you typing 2+2 in the calculator and it reading back 6. You can't come up with a justified conclusion when the data is bad. That's why getting your research peer reviewed before it is published is so important. It can catch faults in the study which can help improve/strengthen the quality of your research before it is published.

So overreaction? Too early to tell and honestly being prepared is better than not doing anything at all. Anyways, I sure as hell hope this crap ends soon. Can't stand all the negativity from everyone.

PS you can go fishing in California... It's not illegal here.
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

Okay, so lets just keep the state shut down until the peer reviews come in 2022. Feel free to "shelter in place" until then since we have to wait for the "experts" to tell us its safe.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

jaime7819 wrote:Okay, so lets just keep the state shut down until the peer reviews come in 2022. Feel free to "shelter in place" until then since we have to wait for the "experts" to tell us its safe.
We are being conditioned to a new life style
One without freedom.
One without travel
One that records our every move
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

jaime7819 wrote:Okay, so lets just keep the state shut down until the peer reviews come in 2022. Feel free to "shelter in place" until then since we have to wait for the "experts" to tell us its safe.
The experts are the only ones who know what the actual rates of infection and death are, not the politicians.
The politicians are the ones who interpret what the experts tell them, and create policies that, hopefully, will get us through this as quickly and safely as possible.
Just look at the charts from the CDC about the rates of infections and related deaths. Both show the curve, at least here in California, is flattening, the rate of infection is leveling off, and so are the deaths.
Isn't that what we all really want, a defeat of this virus, and a return to whatever normalcy we can get?
Do you think it is in any politician's self-interest to prolong the shutdown more than is necessary? They are already being blamed for all the damage to the economy, despite the fact that the shelter-in-place has already shown it helps flatten the curve of infection.
No one is going to run for reelection with the slogan, "I kept the economy shut down longer than necessary."
CLEAN AND DRY
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

No. I am not settling for whatever normalcy the power mad dictators create for us.
As far as elections go both parties say they are cheated
Tobey

Post by Tobey »

"The experts are the only ones who know what the actual rates of infection and death are, not the politicians."
They have been wrong more than they have been right on this!!

"It's not a peer reviewed study therefore it's unreliable."
So we can't believe the studies from Stanford or L.A. because they haven't been peer reviewed but we must believe all the preliminary info they are feeding us on source, contagiousness, forms of transmission ,mortality rates etc... even though it has been inaccurate!! amazing!!

Just as many people are gonna die from suicide because they lost everything by not being able to earn a living than die from the actual disease.

The sensationalism is through the roof on this one!! Enough already!!
MasterBassinator

Peer reviews take 3 to 4 weeks... I'd rather have them take the appropriate time and make informed decisions than some emotional based "whoopsy" decision.
MasterBassinator

Tobey wrote:"The experts are the only ones who know what the actual rates of infection and death are, not the politicians."
They have been wrong more than they have been right on this!!

"It's not a peer reviewed study therefore it's unreliable."
So we can't believe the studies from Stanford or L.A. because they haven't been peer reviewed but we must believe all the preliminary info they are feeding us on source, contagiousness, forms of transmission ,mortality rates etc... even though it has been inaccurate!! amazing!!

Just as many people are gonna die from suicide because they lost everything by not being able to earn a living than die from the actual disease.

The sensationalism is through the roof on this one!! Enough already!!
We can't use the study from Stanford because they used faulty test kits. How is that hard to understand?
Tobey

Post by Tobey »

"We can't use the study from Stanford because they used faulty test kits. How is that hard to understand?"
I think you are missing my point. Why is everyone so accepting of the information they are getting on mortality rates or transmission risks when it is obvious that it is flawed? But as soon as information comes out in contrary to the mainstream we are so quick to dismiss it.

Did the study in L.A. use faulty test kits as well?
Last edited by Tobey on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Tobey wrote:Did the study in L.A. use faulty test kits as well?
Unless they test a group the test makes no sense
At this point they only test those with symptoms
Weather you are positive or not they say stay home

What’s the point? So they can track the steps of those positive by your phone?

You know that’s where they are going with this
China already did that.
I hope I am wrong. But all this is a scary time
Look around at what’s happening and what they tell us.
Sam K

Re:Ship of Flu-ools

Post by Sam K »

1918 Spanish Flu 2nd wave. The information is there for the curious.

As for current events, social media isn't always the best info... And science is 'wrong' sometimes because information is constantly coming in. If it seems they're changing their story, they're learning as they go.....I can't map a virus genome, so I'll let them do their work.

'The economy' is not a person. It recovers. Loved ones may or may not. I don't want to flip that coin with my family.

If you're concerned with your gvt. tracking your phone, get a 'burner'.

And if it's 'not in your area'.....that's a yet (think 'pee in the pool'). Discretion is the better part of valor.

Please take care for the sake of the young and the old, yours and mine.

See you on the water...hopefully soon.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Did you guys see the CA autopsy release
a few days ago where a man that died in early February? It showed he died from COVID meaning he had it in January. This has been in our country long before we thought.