Reopening on May 5

Fishermans Warehouse Megastore

Reopening on May 5

Post by Fishermans Warehouse Megastore »

We are happy to announce that we will re open on Tuesday, May 5 at all of our retail locations. See you soon!

We are requiring masks as per the CDC recommendation. We are following what we need to do to re open the Fishermans Warehouse retail stores and thank everyone for their support. We look forward to being able to help get and help keep everyone on the water and out there fishing!
Attachments
0.jpg
Hitman

Re: Reopening on May 5

Post by Hitman »

Awesome! Good to see FW take the first steps.

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Masks required. Why???
I was at Bass Pro a couple weeks ago and it was just odd how they handled customers. So odd I won't be going back there for a long time. They should have just closed down instead of handling it the way they did.
db220

Post by db220 »

You guys complain when things aren't open and then complain when they are with a few adjustments. It's incredible to watch.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Whoopbass wrote:Masks required. Why???
I was at Bass Pro a couple weeks ago and it was just odd how they handled customers. So odd I won't be going back there for a long time. They should have just closed down instead of handling it the way they did.
Wearing a mask protects people around you. The employees at Fisherman's Warehouse are putting their lives on the line to serve you. Why wouldn't you want to keep them and yourself safer?
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

If their employees want/demand the public to wear masks then I can understand the requirement but I still don't have to shop there until the rule is lifted. I'm not running a business so my opinion could possibly differ if I was. I assume they're complying and enacting policies to get this nonsense over with asap. It just burns me up the parties involved that incited this nonsense is still getting their way even though its obvious this was way over blown and none of the precautions we've been dictated to observe have helped one bit.
I didn't buy into this b.s. from the beginning most likely due to the fact that I don't watch the news and I have learned from all the dooms day crap from the past that never developed. I can't think of one thing in the past 50 years that actually had an impact close to what the media/government claimed it would have.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

db220 wrote:You guys complain when things aren't open and then complain when they are with a few adjustments. It's incredible to watch.
Just the lakes because that was a moronic move that nobody has been able to defend.

What gives you the right to go into their business and endanger their employees?[/quote]

Endanger them from what?????
You go shop these businesses that require masks. Comply like your told. I'm not.

When the Dem's are in full power again whenever that may be I hope they come and take all your guns.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Whoopbass wrote:If their employees want/demand the public to wear masks then I can understand the requirement but I still don't have to shop there until the rule is lifted. I'm not running a business so my opinion could possibly differ if I was. I assume they're complying and enacting policies to get this nonsense over with asap. It just burns me up the parties involved that incited this nonsense is still getting their way even though its obvious this was way over blown and none of the precautions we've been dictated to observe have helped one bit.
I didn't buy into this b.s. from the beginning most likely due to the fact that I don't watch the news and I have learned from all the dooms day crap from the past that never developed. I can't think of one thing in the past 50 years that actually had an impact close to what the media/government claimed it would have.
It's the choice of the business to require masks and I'm sure their employees appreciate it. How would you like to work in a place where you're potentially exposed to hundreds of people a day, some of which could be carrying a potentially deadly disease? People who work in retail and other settings where they are exposed to lots of people are endangering their lives so that you can get your stuff. The least we can do is help protect them to show our appreciation.
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

Jeff C. wrote:
Whoopbass wrote:If their employees want/demand the public to wear masks then I can understand the requirement but I still don't have to shop there until the rule is lifted. I'm not running a business so my opinion could possibly differ if I was. I assume they're complying and enacting policies to get this nonsense over with asap. It just burns me up the parties involved that incited this nonsense is still getting their way even though its obvious this was way over blown and none of the precautions we've been dictated to observe have helped one bit.
It's the choice of the business to require masks and I'm sure their employees appreciate it. How would you like to work in a place where you're potentially exposed to hundreds of people a day, some of which could be carrying a potentially deadly disease? People who work in retail and other settings where they are exposed to lots of people are endangering their lives so that you can get your stuff. The least we can do is help protect them to show our appreciation.
We are exposed to potential deadly diseases every day long before covid.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Jeff C. wrote:
Fair enough if it makes them feel better but I still don't have to shop there until the rule is lifted. I like Fisherman's Warehouse so I will be back.
There are so many ways to spread this flu virus that a mask isn't going to make a bit of difference.
Actually I believe the Wuhan is not as contagious and devastating as the common flu unless you have serious underlying medical conditions.
Every year I know people that get the flu or a cold and some get it multiple times a year. I don't know anybody with the "Wuhan". Don't try and convince me the soft lock down orders we were under had an impact on stopping this disease. If it was that serious nothing would have stopped it and the padded numbers we have now would be much higher.
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

Don't know about Santa Clara county, but Alameda County requires a mask and SD of 6' in stores. They are even trying to have people wear them on narrow hiking trails. Although, I see so many people walking, bike riding and some running with these things on they probably don't have to tell em.

Most businesses are doing it so they can stay open and not get shutdown. The next reason could be liability. Although it might be next to Impossible to determine where someone might contract the virus, it won't prevent a lawyer from taking a case to go after an employer with deep pockets.

I only wear a mask to go inside a business, but if wearing a mask will let the economy open today, I'm in. The cure the gov is selling, is worse than the disease.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

J Gondal wrote:Think I said I won’t be shopping there.
Have a good day
Good for you! If you are unwilling to put on a mask to protect workers then it's best that you stay home. I'll make some extra trips to the warehouse to make up the difference and to show my appreciation of them and their employees being open so I can get my gear.
db220

Post by db220 »

I guess it's settled then. We don't need to listen to any medical experts or take any precautions because Dr. Whoopbass on the internet doesn't believe it's all that bad and he probably knows better.
It's a shame that we finally have businesses that are opening back up and hoping to get going again but a complete unwillingness to compromise on any small thing will have people not shop there out of spite.
Meanwhile 98% of the people I see on the water are wearing buffs pulled up over their faces to protect themselves from the sun that they probably bought at one of those stores.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

This is way better than reality TV :D
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
J Gondal

Post by J Gondal »

jiggin4bass wrote:This is way better than reality TV :D
Y’all can have this communist thread.
Over and out
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

jiggin4bass wrote:This is way better than reality TV :D
Agreed. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked and deleted.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

db220 wrote:I guess it's settled then. We don't need to listen to any medical experts or take any precautions because Dr. Whoopbass on the internet doesn't believe it's all that bad and he probably knows better.
It's a shame that we finally have businesses that are opening back up and hoping to get going again but a complete unwillingness to compromise on any small thing will have people not shop there out of spite.
Meanwhile 98% of the people I see on the water are wearing buffs pulled up over their faces to protect themselves from the sun that they probably bought at one of those stores.
Remember those two Doctors from Bakersfield? They contradicted what's being shoveled out there by the so called experts and were removed from Youtube? I guess they're morons as well.

By: Anthony WrightPosted at 10:50 AM, Apr 30, 2020 and last updated 10:50 AM, Apr 30, 2020
On April 24th, two Bakersfield doctors, Dan Erickson and Artin Massihi, held a press conference questioning the California's stay-at-home order.

Erickson and Massihi said their facilities have tested over 5,200 patients for the coronavirus throughout the county, making up for over half of all testing in Kern. According to their data, the death rate of the coronavirus is similar in prevalence to the flu.

"Now that we have the facts," said Dr. Erickson. "It's time to get back to work."

Erickson said he believes businesses could reopen and as testing continues, people could starting going back to work. In fact, Erickson suggests that staying at home too long could be even worse for people's health.
db220

Post by db220 »

Whoopbass wrote:
db220 wrote:I guess it's settled then. We don't need to listen to any medical experts or take any precautions because Dr. Whoopbass on the internet doesn't believe it's all that bad and he probably knows better.
Remember those two Doctors from Bakersfield? They contradicted what's being shoveled out there by the so called experts and were removed from Youtube? I guess they're morons as well.

By: Anthony WrightPosted at 10:50 AM, Apr 30, 2020 and last updated 10:50 AM, Apr 30, 2020
On April 24th, two Bakersfield doctors, Dan Erickson and Artin Massihi, held a press conference questioning the California's stay-at-home order.

Erickson and Massihi said their facilities have tested over 5,200 patients for the coronavirus throughout the county, making up for over half of all testing in Kern. According to their data, the death rate of the coronavirus is similar in prevalence to the flu.

"Now that we have the facts," said Dr. Erickson. "It's time to get back to work."

Erickson said he believes businesses could reopen and as testing continues, people could starting going back to work. In fact, Erickson suggests that staying at home too long could be even worse for people's health.
So you picked a video that reinforces what you already believe. There are plenty of other doctors that disagree and quite a bit of evidence that those two doctors are wrong. It's called confirmation bias. Anyone can find things that they agree with on any topic and for every one of those there's another "expert" with an opposite opinion. You use these two doctors as gospel while calling the other doctors "so called experts" because you don't agree with them.
Just because you want to believe something doesn't make it true.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

So maybe a few numbers were off a bit. Split hairs and trash their entire presentation because it doesn't agree with what you've been told by the lying liberal media. Those two doctors had no agenda to push. Nothing to gain.
So your people are right even though they haven't been right about anything all along.
There's is no proof anything that was done helped matters but they tell you it did so you believe it.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I ordered some new mask last week they got here this morning I got Giants and Dodger mask. The Giants mask were in a plain plastic bag no writing on the outside. The dodgers mask has a warning label on the outside of the packing it reads
This mask my be hazardous to your health it may cause chocking. :lol:
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Holifield68

Post by Holifield68 »

Good thing is we only have to wear mask till banks start getting robbed and they cant pick out who robbers are :D . I’m ok wearing a mask for 15 min in a store if that what it takes because as we all know nothing last forever!

How about opening the lakes again??
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Bump for Cinco de Mayo - Glad to have our Local Tackle Store re-opened. :D
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

As a fellow tackle shop owner I am pretty sure Wayne is glad to be able to support his family, employees and customers by being open even if limited. My guess is his bills did not stop while closed. Support your local mom and pop business. Good luck Wayne and staff hope you kick butt. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Rick G wrote:As a fellow tackle shop owner I am pretty sure Wayne is glad to be able to support his family, employees and customers by being open even if limited. My guess is his bills did not stop while closed. Support your local mom and pop business. Good luck Wayne and staff hope you kick butt. Rick G.

amen
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Great news. Hoping more stuff opens
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Great to see this... Should have been “essential” for them to stay open! :D

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj