1st time to DVL

callwakeup

1st time to DVL

Post by callwakeup »

Took my 1st trip ever to DVL this weekend— its an amazing lake; with awesome staff and clean and functional facilities. I was impressed all around.

The lake and it’s set-up blew me away for a a so. Cal desert lake. So much structure and diversity of fishable water. We did as much exploring as we did fishing but still managed roughly 15 or so fish up to 4 lbs.
I appreciate the lake for taking the necessary steps to open to the public. — I hope more local lakes follow suit rather quickly.
WRB

Re: 1st time to DVL

Post by WRB »

DVL opened in 2003, took you 17 years!
Tom
callwakeup

Post by callwakeup »

So true.. i always head north or out to the River lakes for my trips; i hadent been east since Perris closed up for dam repairs. Cant wait for perris to reopen; and ill def be back to DVL soon.
btw.. did the bass population in Elsinore survive the droughts a few years back? the lake looked pretty full as i drove by this weekend.
srsnow

Post by srsnow »

callwakeup wrote:So true.. i always head north or out to the River lakes for my trips; i hadent been east since Perris closed up for dam repairs. Cant wait for perris to reopen; and ill def be back to DVL soon.
btw.. did the bass population in Elsinore survive the droughts a few years back? the lake looked pretty full as i drove by this weekend.
I am not sure if they survived but the city has been trying to improve the lake by stocking bass, crappie, bluegill and catfish I think. They have also added some structure to the lake. With all that said I still don't think people do well for bass there. Brent Ehrler was out there a few weeks ago when all the other lakes were closed and according to his Facebook posts he didn't get a single bite. It's really too bad, as a natural lake it is kind of unique for southern California and would be a fun lake if it was lace that had good bass fishing.
callwakeup

Post by callwakeup »

interesting and good to know.. one of my best ever day of fishing was a stop at Elsinore - probably back in '95 or '96.. sometime around then. after a day put-putting around skinner, we needed to clean out the carb. and get the old 2 stroke up and running - we made a stop along the houses on the west side of the lake -- and had 60 min of pure fishing action. almost every cast; on every imaginable bait.
WRB

Post by WRB »

Kramer would know he fishes Elsinore regularly.
Tom
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Went to DVL yesterday, first time in a couple of years (as nothing in San Diego county open) and found out it's closed on Mondays. :oops:

Elsinore two weeks ago, water is way up, looks so good, all the flooded trees. Threw lots of various top, then went to live bait- the Senko, for more Nada. Ran across one other fisherman, his second day there in a week, still had not got anything. A million giant carp though, doing their annual thing. :shock:

Did ok at Havasu last week, fished 3.5 days, don't usually fish water with smallies, forgot how hard they fight for their size (got a bunch of larger sized ones in S. Africa years ago, about 3# average, wowsers!).

Weird, the photo is a vertical, but shows as a horizontal, but when you click on it, it shows properly!
Attachments
IMG_8336.JPG
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.