PLEASE BEWARE

Fidlplr

PLEASE BEWARE

Post by Fidlplr »

IMG_0369.jpg
IMG_0369.jpg
Hey guys just want to remind you that the Tiki Lagoon ramp is a huge hazard for your trailer.
Attachments
IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_0366.jpg
bassman0808

Re: PLEASE BEWARE

Post by bassman0808 »

Just use tuner cut new owner and the guy loves fishermen and he is a great dude
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I know you damaged your trailer there and I assume you're still upset about it. Evidently the owners must have told you to pound sand so you're not happy. Did you back your trailer off to the side of the ramp or what? I have launched there numerous times and I know its not that great of a ramp but I have never had any issues. If someone launched there what do they need to look for?
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Turner Cut ramp is no picnic either. It’s in decent shape but it’s very short and has a curve in it. Whiskey Slough ramp is pretty good costs $15 to use
fresnoron

Post by fresnoron »

been like that for years.....been launching there for years as well....just stay over to the side near the dock and its no prob........ I have a full size Ranger, no problem......actually whats worse than the ramp is the road from hwy 4 to the ramp....its horrible and getting worse....like a roller coaster ride.
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

fresnoron wrote:been like that for years.....been launching there for years as well....just stay over to the side near the dock and its no prob........ I have a full size Ranger, no problem......actually whats worse than the ramp is the road from hwy 4 to the ramp....its horrible and getting worse....like a roller coaster ride.
Yep, the drive in is why i switched to Whisky. Worth a few extra bucks to me to not beat up my stuff.
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

The reason I’m warning people whoopbass is because I don’t want anyone else messing up their trailer. Harbor master was so incredibly rude. Bottom line is they are charging to launch so they need to maintain their ramp. It has been a complete headache trying to get my trailer fixed. It’s almost impossible. Only one steel company in this whole area can fix my trailer. They’re backed up so it’s taking over 3 weeks to get it done. If the harbor master had any customer service skills I wouldn’t be posting this. But due to his very poor and rude attitude I’m letting everyone know.
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

Launching there on a high tide is probably pretty safe. On a low tide is where the problems come in. It was my first time to launch there. I had no idea how jacked up the ramp was. If I did I would’ve never launched there.
What a person needs to look for is the sign that says Tiki Lagoon. When they see that sign keep driving or turn around and go somewhere else.
To answer your question about if my trailer was off to one side or not....... I don’t know which side it was on but whichever side it was on it was the side that messed up my trailer. It can happen to anyone. Even you whoopbass as well as you think you know the ramp. Don’t chance it.
Sign posted saying launch at own risk. What does that really mean? Does it mean we charge to launch but we’re not responsible for our jacked up ramp that could mess up your property because we’re too cheap to fix it? Oh and by the way if something does happen to it and you call us staff members, we’ll just yell at you and hang up on you.
Harbor Masters attitude was very disrespectful and unprofessional.
People need to know how they operate around there. Hopefully they fix their ramp and professionalism.
woodistic

Post by woodistic »

Fidlplr wrote:The reason I’m warning people whoopbass is because I don’t want anyone else messing up their trailer. Harbor master was so incredibly rude. Bottom line is they are charging to launch so they need to maintain their ramp. It has been a complete headache trying to get my trailer fixed. It’s almost impossible. Only one steel company in this whole area can fix my trailer. They’re backed up so it’s taking over 3 weeks to get it done. If the harbor master had any customer service skills I wouldn’t be posting this. But due to his very poor and rude attitude I’m letting everyone know.

Not sure why you think there is only one place that can fix your trailer.....Pretty sure if you are willing to pay what it costs to have it fixed someone will take care of you. Fabricators 130-150+ an hour charge out. They are not going to put aside a profitable project to put a boat trailer in front of the line unless you are willing to pay a premium or wait until they have a slow point in their schedule. Post a picture of the damage and Ill give you a quote.
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

It takes a special die to roll the steel. No one has it except for a place in Stockton. It ain’t done yet. Supposed to be done by the 28th. We'll see when that day comes. I could have it fixed sooner if I didn’t care what my trailer looked like but I want it to match. Believe me....... no one has it. We’ve called everybody.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Fidlpr depending on the cost of your repair you should contact an attorney to see if you have a case against the owner of the ramp. Even if the ramp had a sign about launching at your own risk, I doubt that would absolve responsibility if the owner knew the ramp was problematic. Might cost you $50-$100 bucks to see an attorney but if your repair is expensive it might be worth it.