Auto inflate PDF bladders

mark poulson

Auto inflate PDF bladders

Post by mark poulson »

How long will the air bladders in auto inflate PDFs last?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Dave A

Re: Auto inflate PDF bladders

Post by Dave A »

The bladders should last for many years. The water soluble bobbin should be replaced regularly. Perhaps every year. The bobbin can break down over time causing the device to trigger suddenly. Happened to me last summer. Dang thing went off unexpectedly without contacting water. Scared the hell out of me :D :D . The bladder is no more than fancy blowup device like kids wear in the pool. It should last a long time barring and accident with treble hooks.
Trace

Post by Trace »

You can inflate it using the tube to check for leaks. Then just deflate and fold it back up.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

I think that is what happened to mine a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if you saw my post from yesterday, but I had a question about the replacement cylinders. Mine was a screw in cylinder and the one I bought to replace it has a bayonet attachment screwed onto the cylinder. There was nothing in the directions about this but can I unscrew the bayonet piece and then screw it into my vest? I was afraid to try and then have it go off on me! I tried calling the company listed in the directions inside the vest and said I have to contact Bass Pro Shops where I bought the vest. Also, the new cylinder came with a bobbin already expired!!!!!
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Thanks for the answers.
I'll try the tube to inflate them and see if they're still good. That's a smart idea.
When I went to check on the two I originally bought from Bass Pro, one of them showed red, and the other, which still showed green, had no bobbin at all. Evidently it has slowly deteriorated over the years, and never release the inflation trigger. After that, I bought a new vest, but I'd like to have the older two as backups, as long as they still work.
CLEAN AND DRY
Trace

Post by Trace »

There are many different types of cylinder tops and bobbins or pills. Make sure you get the right one for your model vest. If it doesn't match the one that was in it, then you need a different one.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Trace wrote:There are many different types of cylinder tops and bobbins or pills. Make sure you get the right one for your model vest. If it doesn't match the one that was in it, then you need a different one.
Will do.
CLEAN AND DRY