Boat Insurance Question

Wolfeman

Boat Insurance Question

Post by Wolfeman »

I'm thinking about switching to BoatUS for my boat insurance.
Anybody got any input/feedback?
Thanks,
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
BSmith

Re: Boat Insurance Question

Post by BSmith »

Don't have any experience with Boat US but I can tell ya Ben Green Insurance will take care of ya. Having had to use them, it was worth it.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

BSmith wrote:Don't have any experience with Boat US but I can tell ya Ben Green Insurance will take care of ya. Having had to use them, it was worth it.
Ben Green saved me money on a new policy with better coverage, and took care of me when I had a claim.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Ben Green only does boats that are 2005 or newer.
Mine is a 1997 Ranger.
- Wolfeman
Devon8604

Post by Devon8604 »

just call Ben. he gets it. Don't bother with Companies and guys who don't get the sport. Would you hire your Stock Broker to be your Real Estate Broker?
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

I went to Ben Green website and started fill in the form. When I got to the question about what year my boat is, the form clearly states that the boat needs to be 2005 or newer, Soooooooooooo, Ben Green is not going to insure my boat.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
- Wolfeman
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

Might post over on the BBC board. It gets a bit more action and they have a insurance thread. http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116 plus post in the lounge.
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

Wolfeman wrote:Ben Green only does boats that are 2005 or newer.
Mine is a 1997 Ranger.
- Wolfeman
I insured my 1999 Champion with Ben Green. Call him directly.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I’ve had successful claims with SkiSafe which I got through Geico
Ben Green Insurance

Post by Ben Green Insurance »

Hello all! Thank you for the shout outs. We had to change the year of boats that we are able to take in for new customers. It is currently 2005 and newer. It will soon be 2010 and newer. This only applies to new customers. This does not apply to current customers. While we appreciate the business, I am doing my best to maintain the level of service that current customers have come to expect. We can all look at our boat statements and see what we pay compared to home and auto. With the limited commission that these boat policies pay and the level of service (We actually talk to the dealership / repair facility and manage the claim from start through satisfaction. Provide Sponsor money for the trails and clubs, etc) I cannot afford to add another employee. We had to cut back. We are pushing to balance the current boat customer base by adding home and auto. Mark (above) has more than his boat with us and it helps the business tremendously. At some point we will open back up to all years, however I need to balance the spread of business or the companies we work with may not want to work with us. I hope this transparency helps to answer the question as to the age of the vessel. Anytime, any angler can call us if they have questions on their policy. Even if you are not with us. We will do our best to educate you as to what questions you may want to ask from coverage to claims. Thank you all tremendously for your support. I do my best to show gratitude to the community as you have helped me create a business that serves the group of people I love. The anglers. Here is a video that Matt Allen did with me: It has tips for anyone with any carrier.

Thanks again all! Hope you are staying safe and I will see you on the water soon! - Ben
P.S. Thank you for the home and auto quotes. Because of these quotes and sales I did not have any layoffs through this Covid period. These policies are critical to my business. If you didn't hear it from us already. THANK YOU!
I also paid all of our tournament sponsor commitments in full. This is advertising money when there are no events. However the Tournaments and some owners had no ability to make any money during covid. I am not tooting my horn, I am tooting the horn of the customers who have kept me in business.
Ben Green
http://www.Bengreenins.com
Business / Boat / Truck / Home / Life
LIC# 0D03631
"We are an insurance agency dedicated to enhancing the outdoor experience for all"
Ben Green Insurance

Thank you Mark for your support!
Ben Green
LIC# 0D03631
"We are an insurance agency dedicated to enhancing the outdoor experience for all"
Ben Green Insurance

Devon8604 wrote:just call Ben. he gets it. Don't bother with Companies and guys who don't get the sport. Would you hire your Stock Broker to be your Real Estate Broker?
Thank you Devon8604! I appreciate you taking to time to comment! See you out on the water soon!
Ben Green
LIC# 0D03631
Ben Green Insurance

BSmith wrote:Don't have any experience with Boat US but I can tell ya Ben Green Insurance will take care of ya. Having had to use them, it was worth it.
Thank you BSmith! I appreciate you taking the time to comment!
Ben Green
LIC# 0D03631
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Wolfeman - I would reach out to Stan at 1800 BassBoats and give them a shot for your 97' Ranger. I had them for a while with my previous Kitty and they took good care of me.

Ben Green is awesome for newer boats, home and auto insurance. I think it's a great testimony to see all of the support he receives here on western bass.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
ILW

Post by ILW »

I wanted to comment on Ben Green's post. It is true. He will answer any question I've asked him whether it is about the boat insurance I have with him or other insurance that I have on other things with other carriers besides my boat and he never leaves you waiting. If all customer service was like Ben's the world would be a better place.
Bassfishman

Post by Bassfishman »

My boat insurance is through Safeco on my 2006 Ranger 519SV/200HP.
I had a problem on the water in the Delta and had to be towed in. The bill was approx $500. I figured I would have eat that. But I was talking to my agent and she said "submit a claim" and it was covered - the entire bill. That was a pleasant surprise. Towing was already part of my policy. :D
LMMSteve

Post by LMMSteve »

Wofleman give Stan a call at 1800bassboat just got coverage for 99 Ranger yesterday and had a great expirence with him. Take a look at there website Stan knows what he is doing awsome policy for guys that fish in bass boats you wont be disappointed.