Shimano Curado K

Grncrestliner

Shimano Curado K

Post by Grncrestliner »

I need to buy a new reel in the next couple of weeks. I currently have a Curado 200HG that I like a lot for stripers and slightly heavier lures for black bass. Is there any reason to change to another Shimano product in that $175 price point?
I was thinking I would get a deal this weekend but it looks like a lot of the typical discounts are not available.

I already own some Tatula SV TW reels for lightweight presentations but prefer the Curado K for some things.
ttb31183

Re: Shimano Curado K

Post by ttb31183 »

Grncrestliner wrote:I need to buy a new reel in the next couple of weeks. I currently have a Curado 200HG that I like a lot for stripers and slightly heavier lures for black bass. Is there any reason to change to another Shimano product in that $175 price point?
I was thinking I would get a deal this weekend but it looks like a lot of the typical discounts are not available.

I already own some Tatula SV TW reels for lightweight presentations but prefer the Curado K for some things.
For a price around that mark, it is hard to beat a Curado K. They are built solid and can do pretty much everything.
Tyler Brinks
kmah

Post by kmah »

No reason to change what is not broken for you. I can basically use any Shimano Reels I want and the majority of them I order annually is the curado K and a few curado DC.

https://www.kenmahfishing.com/product/s ... ting-reels

For 179 is very hard to beat.

K. Mah
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

Curado only has 1 drag washer and daiwa has 3.
If u are going to use for mainly strippers I would go with higher rated drag and a reel that has more drag washers like a daiwa or a lews.Both have 3 carbon fiber drag washers where curado only has 1.this enables drag to stay smoother on those long runs BIG stripers are known for. Curado will get job done but at a drag rating of around 12 #s it’s not as effective on truly bigfish( 30#+),it eliminates the “hurky jerky”
Great for bass and smaller stripers but not for the true giants that swim in delta. I caught a 41# er on my lews on a s waver.
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y