Delta Tunnel sneak attack

mark poulson

Delta Tunnel sneak attack

Post by mark poulson »

Action Alert
Call Congress About Trump Executive Order (Tunnel Related)

President Trump, hiding behind the COVID pandemic, has, according to Roll Call, "Signed an executive order that would expedite permitting for infrastructure projects, building on earlier orders to ease regulations for industry. The White House contends the move will help speed the nation’s recovery after the coronavirus pandemic.”

"The order directs federal agencies, including Interior, Agriculture and Defense departments and the Army Corps of Engineers, to hasten the permitting processes required under the National Environmental Policy Act, the Endangered Species Act and Clean Water Act."

This is bad news in regard to the Delta tunnel and the raising of Shasta Dam, which will decimate the remaining lands of the Winnemem Wintu people. Both projects will destroy salmon fisheries. The Delta tunnel will ruin Delta lands and water quality for Delta residents, including environmental justice communities.

Call your Congressional Rep (202) 224-3121 and Senator Kamala Harris (202) 224 – 3553to ask for assistance to condemn this order and to sponsor corrective legislation. Calling Senator Feinstein does little, except perhaps make the caller feel better, because she is clearly in support of the Shasta Dam raise and the Delta tunnel project.

Read the Roll Call story here: Trump executive order aims to speed permits for infrastructure – Roll Call 6/4/20
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
BigBassDaddy1190

Re: Delta Tunnel sneak attack

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Do you only ever post political stuff? I get that it’s related to the tunnels but give it a rest.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

BigBassDaddy1190 wrote:Do you only ever post political stuff? I get that it’s related to the tunnels but give it a rest.
I post about the Delta. If it bothers you, don't read them.
CLEAN AND DRY
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

Mark doesn't just post political stuff but when he does, it's always meaningful and I appreciate the fact he is willing to take his time to let all of us know what happening behind the scenes on Delta related issues. For those that don't care to read it, don't. That's the beauty of this country right?
gold fish

Post by gold fish »

He is a wolf herding the sheep. Huge DemocRAT. Call Kamala Harris? She needs to go just like the rest of the swamp. There is always more to the story but if you just listen to the liberials then that is all you know. He might care about the delta like the rest of us but come game day it is Newsome,Pelosi and Biden for him.
biteme

Post by biteme »

I stopped reading at "hiding behind covid"
Lol give me a break.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Nice more water for big farming interest in the central valley it's about time.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

“President Trump, hiding in his bunker, has, according to Roll Call, "Signed an executive order that would expedite permitting for infrastructure projects, building on earlier orders to ease regulations for industry. The White House contends the move will help speed the nation’s recovery after the coronavirus pandemic.”

Fixed it for Y’all....

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

we voted the tunnel out in the 80s
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Dave Brabec wrote:we voted the tunnel out in the 80s
We also voted in the death penalty only to have Newsom repeal it. I for one appreciate when Mark posts anything that pertains to the Delta tunnels.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Might also be noted that my good friend Mark Poulson did not "author" the OP, it was copied from a "Restore the Delta" email distribution. ANYONE who fishes the Delta should be grateful beyond words that RTD is out there trying to protect our Delta. Thank you Mark and keep it up. Ignore those who would suggest that politics and fishing the Delta are not related ...... they are clueless and just don't get it.
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

This thread is the perfect example of whats wrong with people/society right now. Fishing related post and it gets politicized right away. No middle ground or willingness to accept that somebody else has a different point of view.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

Like I said in my earlier post, "that's the beauty of this country right?" We have freedom of speech and everyone has to understand there are other points of view, and usually everyone thinks their view is the correct one.
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

I personally know mark and he is very knowledgeable about what is goin on in the delta.information is knowledge so if u are not capable of using this to make better decisions with ur own life then really who is the sheep?
I don’t always agree but information is important and if u can not process it in a way that makes u a better human then I guess ur just not a very good human .i say keep posting .
P.S. I think K.Harris is an idiot! Just saying
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y
micropterus

Post by micropterus »

I haven’t followed this issue for a while, but isn’t the budgeting assignment still the hold up? If memory serves, the various Water Agencies were asked to weigh in by promising financial support. No Takers! Then, the onus was put on the MWD down here in SoCal. Their website message seems to support the project. Talk means nothing if voters say No to Ballot Measure Bond proposals which would require tax increases.

The economic impact from the virus shutdown has been jaw dropping to say the least. It has taken only a couple months for the state to book an estimated $54 billion shortfall! Down here in SoCal, LA City is projecting a $600 million shortfall through fiscal year 2022.

Warning! Here come the politics. It sounds logical to me that Gov. Gav “One Tunnel” Newsome has to remain focused on providing Basic Services. The expansion of the existing Water Sucking project for the Cal Delta will have to wait. I’m thinking five to ten years down the road.

Down here in LA, Mayor “Eric the Groveller” Garcetti has already announced 10 percent pay cuts city wide along with redistribution of budgeted funds away from law enforcement toward social services. Glad I live in Ventura County and not LA County!

All state agencies are/will be clamoring for federal bailout funds. Just For Basic Service needs! Using any fed funds for a water project ... I just don’t see that happening. Not for many moons.
Have some fun out there .... Enjoy that time on the water !!
WRB

Post by WRB »

The majority of my friends are from the valley, not San Fernado Valley the San Joaquine and are conservative voters. These folks are multiple generation small farmers and local business people.
Water is a big issue to small farmers their livelihood depends on it. The small farmer and local businesses are tied to to big agriculture, without it there wouldn't be the infrastructure they need to operate.
This is a complex issue, remove more water and salt water intrusion can occur killing the crops.
If they don't have suffient water they can't grow crops. Without big agriculture they can't harvest crops.
If Trump loses the election there will be cheers from big city liberals. I don't think the tunnel development will become a reality because there will not be enough revenue from a crashed economy to build anything. Trump maybe an arse but he knows how to build the economy, Biden doesn't.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

CLEAN AND DRY