Fishing Camanche This Week June 16

StanL

Fishing Camanche This Week June 16

Post by StanL »

lake camanche fishing.png

Camanche report 6/16/20

After spending some time on the Delta, I was back at Lake Camanche this past week, One of the days I was able to go out with my friend Ed Auston. We got on the lake around 7:00 am. I must say being able to fish during the weekdays is sweet !! And yes boat traffic does make a difference.

We started throwing reaction baits with no luck. It did not take long for us to slow down and start fishing deeper. By 1:00 pm we had caught around 30 fish. The bass are definitely starting to move into their summer patterns. The surface temp was at 74° and the water clarity between 4’ to 7’ and there was 347 CF of water coming in and 315 CF of out flow, The lake was slightly rising and so with that we concentrated on main Lake points and any breaks that were in 15 to 25 feet of water.

The best baits for us ended up being up being a Frenzy Baits Nail with a Zoom finesse worm in watermelon purple flake and a brown and purple jig. When I’m throwing jigs in the summer, I like a real compact jig and also something with a lot of flare. I was using the Bass Union hand-tied jig with a Yamamoto Twin Tail trailer in 3/8 or 1/2 oz, depending on the depth I’m fishing.

I hope this helps. Good luck fishing
StanL
baits for fishing bass at camanche.jpg
Attachments
0.jpg