Marty Stone, Analyst???

Steve L

Marty Stone, Analyst???

Post by Steve L »

I'm sure Marty Stone is a great guy, but does anyone else find him boring and repetitive? I'm just curious, for me, it's almost impossible to listen to him very long. I think ratings could be much higher if they had someone who was a little more entertaining.
monte300

Re: Marty Stone, Analyst???

Post by monte300 »

Steve L wrote:I'm sure Marty Stone is a great guy, but does anyone else find him boring and repetitive? I'm just curious, for me, it's almost impossible to listen to him very long. I think ratings could be much higher if they had someone who was a little more entertaining.
I like him better than Chad McKee I had never even heard of him before. Isn’t Marty Stone a former touring pro?
Last edited by monte300 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basscat18

Post by basscat18 »

Fast Forward
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I like Marty Stone. I watched him compete for years on the Bassmasters, and I think he brings a good analysis to the team.
I think of it like the original Monday Night Football, an odd mix of personalities that works.
Chad McKee is like Frank Gifford, straight forward play-by-play, just the facts, except that he's never been a bass fisherman. He keeps the show on script, and on schedule.
Marty Stone is a little like Howard Cosell, insightful with lots of knowledge, and he knows the game and the anglers. The big difference between him and Cosell is that Stone isn't in love with the sound of his own voice.
J.T. Kenny is like Dandy Don Meredith, a live wire who keeps things interesting. He also knows the anglers, and has competed at the highest levels, including MLF. You are always waiting for him to deliver something a little off center.
I don't watch the broadcasts full time, but when I tune in I enjoy them.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
monte300

Post by monte300 »

IMO JT Kenney is great TV :mrgreen:
mudman

Post by mudman »

monte300 wrote:IMO JT Kenney is great TV :mrgreen:
He's always entertaining and has a sense of humor.

By the way is Steven Scott, any relation to Ray Scott?
Levy

Post by Levy »

not a fan of Marty either. I wonder if Zona will move to MLF once his contract with BASS expires??