Charger 176

Javelinman

Charger 176

Post by Javelinman »

I’m looking into another boat as my current boat has limited rod storage as rods have gotten longer. The charger 176 has longer rod lockers so I’m looking into getting one. Here’s the rub. I need any boat I buy to fit through my 8’ wide garage door. I cannot seem to get that info from Charger. Does anybody have experience with this boat. Trailer width? Rod locker length? Or any other boat/trailer package that is less them 8’door. Must be 17-19’ with a 150 or better. Any info appreciated. My current boat is a Javelin renegade 18dc.
Catmantwo

Re: Charger 176

Post by Catmantwo »

You should be able to call the factory and get that info from them. They are real friendly people.

Another option would be the Basscat Margay. Rod locker is in the center and specifically made to handle 8+ t rods.
The width of the boat is 90 inches and can get a narrow trailer (the boat will sit up higher), so the whole package would be 90 inches wide.

https://www.basscat.com/boats/page/10/margay

Boatmasters, in Livermore, may have one in stock.
Give them a call as well.
Javelinman

Post by Javelinman »

Thanks for the info. I actually really like my boat but 20 years ago few rods were over 7’.
Javelinman

Post by Javelinman »

So the Basscat Margay has a package width of 94” which leaves me 1/2” on each side of garage door. A tad tight. Does anybody have any info on Charger 176 width on trailer. Also rod locker length. They seem long. Need 7’6”. Still trying to reach out to Charger.
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Try google Charger 176 bass boat for sale and call the dealers that will list out.....

Or, call the private parties that list out.....

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
Catmantwo

Post by Catmantwo »

Here is the phone number to customer service at the Charger Factory (573) 765 3265, give them a call and they will answer all your questions.

Here is a link to a Basscat Forum page discussing the narrow trailer available for a Margay, resulting in a package total width of 90 inches.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/basscat ... 36786.html