Badge Packers

PFLOWERS74

Badge Packers

Post by PFLOWERS74 »

Any idea if the Badge Packer tournaments are gonna make a re-surgence? Sure would be great to get everybody together again!
Charles

Re: Badge Packers

Post by Charles »

Do it on the delta
Keith Rakoncza

Post by Keith Rakoncza »

PFLOWERS74 I was looking into taking it over from John. besides COVID19, only problem I am running into is Insurance. I don't want to operate a tournament unless I have it and it is hard for me to justify the cost. I am happy to figure the cost into the entry fee if there is enough interest, but it has always been a 100% payback event.

I would love to have two events a year, a Motherlode and either Clear Lake or Delta.

Let me know what everyone's thoughts are or if they know a sponsor who would pay for the insurance.
jimmyG

Post by jimmyG »

Count me in
Charles

Post by Charles »

Sounds good to me!
Javelin Jim

Post by Javelin Jim »

Count me in!
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Badge Packers was always one of my favorite events and is truly missed by many. With all the negative crap going on towards Law Enforcement it would be great to have the event back on where like minded folks can get together with fellow first responders in a positive fun environment. In my opinion you would get a large turn out even at 80% payback. Take whatever cut you need to cover costs as its not about the payback as much as its about the comradery and a good time. I want to thank you for taking this on. You can count me in and I will bring three fellow LE boats with me.
deltabass

Post by deltabass »

What Shooter Said -

I've connected with some great people fishing these events and would love to see them come back. The money is nice, but 80% and some raffle prizes (love me some raffle prizes) would get the job done. PM me and I'll do what I can to help out.
Skinner51

Post by Skinner51 »

Badge Packers was a fun tournament. Count me in and I know of three or four more teams that will come. Might have to start small but it will grow.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

Go back to the ol days and as long as their is a badge in the boat, others can fish :D :D :D
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
Keith Rakoncza

Post by Keith Rakoncza »

Ok I’m working on it. I’ll let everyone know as soon as I can get everything together. And yes, it will be one badge and one other (anyone).
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

Keith Rakoncza wrote:Ok I’m working on it. I’ll let everyone know as soon as I can get everything together. And yes, it will be one badge and one other (anyone).
“SWEEEEET”. Let me know if u need any help.. Or a partner :):):)
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
PFLOWERS74

Post by PFLOWERS74 »

Thanks for the all the info and Keith that would be great! I kno i will be looking forward getting together.
John Gallagher

Post by John Gallagher »

Great cause fellas, let me know if it gets up and running and I’ll make a donation. You have more support than you realize!
dfishing1

Post by dfishing1 »

The Folsom PD K9 association is in its planning stages of a 1 day tournament for next year. There will be payback, prizes, plaques and a bbq/raffle. Some of the proceeds will go to the K9 association for retirement expenses for the dogs, IE. medications, food and vet care. The tournament will be an OPEN format but having any current, retired or reserve police officers, sheriffs, CDC officers, military, fire or other first responders is always a good time. Planning on having it at Folsom Lake.
Sie805

Post by Sie805 »

There was just a LE tournament in the Delta this past weekend. Even with very little advertising, there were about 25 boats. I would definitely attend.
Scott.Burke

Post by Scott.Burke »

Team San Jose FD is ready to represent! Thanks Keith for taking the lead. Keep us posted!
Yaboy

Post by Yaboy »

Im down. Hope it gets going.
dfishing1

Post by dfishing1 »

As promised! The Folsom Police K9 Association is hosting a bass tournament on Sunday, April 11, 2021. More details and signups to follow soon. It will be held at Folsom Lake with launch and weigh in at Browns Ravine Marina.

https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/
Attachments
k9.jpg
Keith Rakoncza

Post by Keith Rakoncza »

I spoke to a couple insurance company's and it was over $1000 for the year for insurance and they wanted me to jump through a bunch of hoops for each tournament. We talked about several options but at the end of the day, I'm sorry to say, I can't afford it even taking 80/20 split. If anyone knows of someone, a sponsor, association, or organization that wants to take this on, please let me know. I am happy to travel anywhere in northern California and help with the tournaments as I have all of the scales and bags needed from Badgepacker Tournaments.
sfdfishinfool

Post by sfdfishinfool »

We are scheduled for a tournament on April 8/9 at B&W resort.
Corrections, Police and Fire Fish OFF
Info is posted on this forum.
Hayes

Post by Hayes »

PM sent Keith.
dfishing1

Post by dfishing1 »

As promised, here is the Folsom Police K9 Association entry form for their tournament on April 11, 2021 at Folsom Lake, Browns Ravine. There is a very good raffle after and competators get lunch provided. Get your entry in as your boat number will be assigned in order of sign ups. All the information is attached and sign ups start now. This is a fund raiser for the Folsom Police K9 Association. It is open to current or retired Police, Sheriff, Corrections, Fire personnel, paramedics and and is also open to the general public. $180 gets you entered including big fish. There will be cash prizes awarded and trophies or plaques.
Attachments
Tournament K9 rules2.JPG
Tournament k9 entry1.JPG