Honest opinion on Nitro boats..

cib11b

Honest opinion on Nitro boats..

Post by cib11b »

Considering buying a new Z7 the price is outright amazing. Is the boat worth the price? I would love to have me a new Champion or Ranger, but Nitro just sticks out with that price. What do you guys think?

Anything is better than my boat right now, I just want something reliable and worth my money.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
Fishitifyoucan

Re: Honest opinion on Nitro boats..

Post by Fishitifyoucan »

The best boat for you is the boat you can AFFORD! Period, end of discussion. This post will end up telling you what boat you should buy, etc, etc. Bottom line....buy the boat you can afford and start fishing!!! Just like you said, anything is better than your boat.....so go ahead....."pull the trigger"!!

Just my $.02
propgun

Post by propgun »

I have the 898NX 20.4 foot and I love this boat. My partner had a 21 ft triton and there was no comparison to the amount of deck space I had over his triton. You can't beat the price.
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
http://www.theBBZ.com
ASD

Post by ASD »

I fish a 17' Nitro with a merc 115 and like it! I was in BPS today looking @ the Z 7 8 and 9 as it is about time for me to trade up also.

You need to look REAL HARD @ ALL 3 the 7 is a real nice boat but by the time you add on some must haves you are @ the 8 price and the 8 is more boat for the SAME $$ the 9 is only a little longer and the extra 1' to me is not worth the 10k. I will be getting the 8 when I make the move.

Z7 with a 200hp $27,240
Z8 with a 200hp $31,790
Z9 with a 225hp $41,790

If you fun fish it dose not make a diff what brand you run!

If you are winning $ in turny's (in spot 1/2/3) then buy the boat brand that suports your turnny org as they will also pay you for placeing (ie triton cash / ranger bucks and so on)
Last edited by ASD on Mon May 10, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Pollard

Post by Team Pollard »

My Dad and I have a Nitro 901 CDX, I agree with the above post, the front deck at (96") is like a air craft carrier. Its as big a front deck as any other brand or bigger. We love are boat. Rides nice, big deck, enough storage for your tackle and price is right..
Gone Fish'n Marine
Fish Hedz
Coldwell Banker
Nitro 901 CDX with Mercury 200 Verado
Mark Pollard
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

Happiness is wanting what you have. Not having what you want.
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Nitro makes a nice boat, and their price point is certainly better than most boats. Remember the old addage, Ya get what ya pay for. Personally I think they are too light, and the ride in rough water is less than desireable. If'n you've ever rode in a 20' Champion, Stratos Extreme or Z Series Ranger, you'll notice the significant drop off in performance in rough water when in a Nitro. For most, this may be insignificant to the bulk of their fishing day, for others like myself here on the River almost eveyday with clients, it's a huge factor in the boat's overall evaluation.

On the flip side, KVD has been running Nitro's fer a LONGGGGGGGGGG time, that in itself is certainly a big positive notch and fact for Nitro boats. Ask the dealer or seller to set ya up for a ride, you'll be able to see for yourself if this boat is a comfortable fit for your needs.
Last edited by Cooch on Mon May 10, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwillkechu

Post by iwillkechu »

I have a 1993 2000DC with a 1997 200 hp Johnson. It is my first boat and I've had it since 2002. I bought it from a friend and just could not pass up the price, even though I had never owned a boat and never bass fished. I absolutely love my Nitro because it gets me on the water. I had never bass fished before I got this boat but now that I have it, I can't imagine life without it. Sure, there probably are better and faster boats out there, but this one does me just fine, especially for the price.
As others have said, the best boat is the one that gets you on the water.
DL

Post by DL »

I have a 99' NX882, and have no complaints. I only wish I would have bought a bigger one and a carb rated motords. Yes they are less expensive than other brands and dont have all the "cool" stuff they do. And the ride is not as smooth in rough water. But it gets me on the water when I want, it has NEVER failed me, and it hasn't sunk yet :) knock knock.
"Feel the steel"
slimmy houston

Post by slimmy houston »

cib...i sent you a pm
big_limits

Post by big_limits »

http://www.boatcrazy.com/search/details ... ink=&text=
http://bassboatoutlet.com/cgi-bin/bbocl ... me=Display Ad&boatid=BBC1374.20080727.091253
http://bassboatoutlet.com/cgi-bin/bbocl ... me=Display Ad&boatid=BBC1609.20100302.191534
http://bassboatoutlet.com/cgi-bin/bbocl ... me=Display Ad&boatid=BBC1418.20081109.192149

If it was me i would spend the same money on a used boat. more boat for your money. you could even own Ike's boat...
Last edited by big_limits on Mon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

have you seen the bananna in action................ :shock: :shock: :shock:

nuff said............ that bad boy gets beat down 2 to 3 times a week and i have no complaints except that the ice chest isent quite big enough for all i want it to hold.................

and the resale value............
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
tALLkAN

Post by tALLkAN »

nitros dont catch fish homie. you do. get on the water and get um
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

I agree with just about everyone, as for having them set you up with a ride, Before i bought my boat i took a ride in champs, Rangers, Nitros, bullets, stratos, part of the ride depended a whole lot on the driver of the boat, I'd get in one with one guy and not be so impressed, then get in the same brand boat with someone else and have a totally different opinion on that boat. I ended up with a Ranger. get the most boat you can afford, unlike the BASS and FLW guys you probably wont be trading it in in a year. My boat is 6 yrs old and runs as if i bought it yesterday. good luck. Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

Have a 2008, 591 which is the same as the Z7 love the way it fishes. It handles us Big guys great very stable.
Greg H

Post by Greg H »

My advise to you is look the boat over very carefully! See what are the standard features and what the options you want do to the price of the boat. Look at the finishes in all the rod lockers and storage compartmemnts. Then take it for a drive you should always compare boats before buying one. Look at used or dealer demo's that hit the price point you're looking to be at. Many times you may be able to get a better and bigger boat for the same money with very little hours on it. When you're on the water doing the demo.....see if you feel comfortable with the layouts when you'd be fishing.

Like Cooch said you get what you pay for many times so look past the price and do your research in the end you'll be more satisfied with your choice!
Alan Karraker

Post by Alan Karraker »

Disappointed with the build quality, just learned my 160 TF has no stringers in the hull. Result? cracked hull
Can't help but wonder what corners they are cutting these days.
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

There has been issues with every brand boat. If you plan on keeping it for long term and you like it buy it. Resale on Nitros is another story. Harder to sell at a decent price.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

2009 Z6, 115 Merc has been flawless. Looking at a new Z20.
bshort

Post by bshort »

Alan Karraker wrote:Disappointed with the build quality, just learned my 160 TF has no stringers in the hull. Result? cracked hull
Way to resurrect a decade-old thread... :lol:
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Perhaps the new ones may be better but I wouldn’t buy an older one and put a new motor on unless you check out the integrity real good, especially those heavier 4 strokes.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

bshort wrote:
Alan Karraker wrote:Disappointed with the build quality, just learned my 160 TF has no stringers in the hull. Result? cracked hull
Way to resurrect a decade-old thread... :lol:
Right, i was really surprised when I saw that Cooch was replying :shock: Reminder Guys lets not reply to 10 year old threads. If you want to discuss your experience with a boat please start a new thread and keep it civil
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/