Helix 7 G3N, Vesselview Mobile, Mercury 200 ProoXS compatibility.

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Sie805

Helix 7 G3N, Vesselview Mobile, Mercury 200 ProoXS compatibility.

Post by Sie805 »

Hello all,

I've tried searching for this answer but have been unable to find it. I have a 2020 Tracker V19 Targa with a Mercury 200 ProXS with DTS. I'm also running two Humminbird Helix 7 G3N DI and SI, and a Terrova with I-pilot link. I'm trying to get engine info/ gauges to display on my graphs. According to Humminbird, my units are Bluetooth and have NMEA 2000 capability which will display the gauges. It sounds like all I need is a NMEA 2000 compatible Bluetooth transmitter on the motor to accomplish this. Will the VesselView Mobile transmitter do this? I tried exploring Mercury's page to determine if VesselView Mobile bluetooths out NMEA 2000 data but didn't have any luck. Thanks in advance.
Edd

Re: Helix 7 G3N, Vesselview Mobile, Mercury 200 ProoXS compatibility.

Post by Edd »

I believe (not positive) VVM bluetooths out to it's proprietary app for IOS or Android. You could always add a tablet.

Edd
Sie805

Re: Helix 7 G3N, Vesselview Mobile, Mercury 200 ProoXS compatibility.

Post by Sie805 »

I know it will Bluetooth out to IOS. However, BassPro rep told me it would also link to certain fish finders. I don't put much faith in that though since BassPro in my mind is largely incompetent in everything they say and do regarding marine stuff. Thanks for the input