Where to take my kids fishing from my boat.

sacslim

Where to take my kids fishing from my boat.

Post by sacslim »

I'm looking for suggestions on where I can take my girls (5,7 and 8) fishing. They would like to fish from the boat and The type of fish doesn't matter, just somewhere they'll actually catch something. You all know how much patients they have. Thanks
monte300

Re: Where to take my kids fishing from my boat.

Post by monte300 »

I recently took my five year old grandson bluegill fishing on the Delta and we caught plenty. Not much size, but at that age they just wanna catch something. I targeted high tide with rock and weed combinations. We used a bobber with a red worm a couple feet below it. I tried to get fancy and also bought meal worms. I had never tried them before and even though the meal worms caught a few fish, the red worms far out performed the meal worms. Be sure to use size 12 hooks. You can probably get away with size 10, but nothing larger than that. Go on a weekday when boat traffic is lighter. Good luck!
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

You didn't state your location.
Lake Tulloch has a ton of bluegill in it.
jayceeprops

Post by jayceeprops »

goto franks' tract. you can launch from several areas like Sugar Barge. agreed with prior post, try to go on weekdays. weekends are full of other boaters and bass fishing tournaments. all along frank's tract you boat but avoid the middle areas. they are shallow. also, avoid the urge to venture into "little" franks' tract. very shallow at low tide and you can hit rocks. you can pretty much fish in the 'no wake' zones so you don't have to venture very far either along the tulles.
Andrew5414

Post by Andrew5414 »

Take them to lake McClure bite was red hot last weekend. Lake has tons of spots that are very aggressive and fun fight for the little ones. Didn’t catch to much size but lots of fish.