Delta Tips

DeeGee68

Delta Tips

Post by DeeGee68 »

With the temps dropping and overcast with possible shower or two I was thinking of hitting the Delta tomorrow. It will be the start of an incoming tide so I should have some nice fishing. I think we might finally get some fall patterns.

I was thinking of starting with a chatterbait, crankbait and maybe a spinnerbait and if all else fails maybe a ned rig.

Any suggestions on what might work or what to avoid?

Thanks as always for any help or tips you are willing to throw out!
Dan Dunsford

Re: Delta Tips

Post by Dan Dunsford »

We fished the Delta yesterday (10/8). The reaction baits didn't work for us except for a couple small ones. We did our best on 6" senkos. However it was still a tough bite. Water temp was 71 degrees, still warm for a fall bite. Just my two cents.
Fryle

Post by Fryle »

I was out yesterday as well 7-12pm and caught them on walking baits and senkos. Tried chatter, spinner, flipping the grass on low tide, and frogging but nothing on that. Walking bait seemed to be the only thing working, the smaller baits as well as 3lb on the larger strike king mega dawg.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Think of the fall as the spring going in revere
Flipping shallow is just around the corner as temperatures cool (Late spring patters now and early spring patterns soon)
That’s really all it is
The fall is brief around here. This year might not have much of a fall. Winter is coming soon
With these warmer than normal temps this late in the year
Steve Cooper

Post by Steve Cooper »

Fishing has been steady with worms and creature baits fished tight to tullie banks. High out going tide-standard colors-fish slow. Good luck