3 in 1 Transducer Install

Moderator: Ken Sauret

WLSenko

3 in 1 Transducer Install

Post by WLSenko »

I am getting ready to install a Lowrance 12 ti2 with a 3 in 1 transducer on a 2018 Nitro Z18.
I was thinking of using a stern saver. I do not want to drill additional holes if this transducer needs to be replaced in the future.
Does anyone have suggestions?
Thank You

Mike
Daves

Re: 3 in 1 Transducer Install

Post by Daves »

Has anyone used this product. I’m in the same boat ( pun intended) and would like to hear before installing. Dave
Daves

Post by Daves »

Still looking for an opinion.
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

I've recently experienced the same dilemma, needing holes spaced only 1mm different from the original installation. I would suggest heading to someplace like Tap Plastics and getting a 1/2" thick plate that you can mount to the boat in the area that you would normally mount your transducers. Size the plate and the mounting holes in such a manner that you can duplicate your efforts in the event you need to remove or replace your transducers in the future. You might even want to get several of the plates made and pre-drill the boat-mounting holes so that all are uniform. That way when you replace your transducers or even get a new depth-finder you can mount it to the plate and then just replace the plate that is already on the boat.
Frankly, I don't know why they can't use the same mounting hardware from one transducer to the next, even withing the same manufacturer. All they would have to do is change the width of the grommet.
JL

Post by JL »

I had a Stern Saver installed on my boat! Its the SNIZZLE! Works GREAT! Highly recommend!
frankozzz24

Post by frankozzz24 »

mount it on the bottom side of your jack plate, no drilling into the hull and its out of the way