Melones, Camanche and a DOUBLE DIGIT BASS

StanL

Melones, Camanche and a DOUBLE DIGIT BASS

Post by StanL »

Jason Austin
Jason Austin
Last week my buddy Ed Austin and I made trip over to New Melones to get out of the fog.

When we started fishing we noticed the water was pretty clear with about 10‘ of visibility and the surface temp was at 54*. It looked like the water had been falling so we hit the points first and started getting bit right away!

Remember, when the water is falling, yhr points are always a good starting spot. There’s an old saying I heard from Rick Clunn..... “falling lakes point’s fish out“. Well it is true and The fish are on points big time. We found them scattered from 20’ to 65‘.

Ed started with a dropshot with a 4” worm and I used a Bass Union 3/4 oz jig because that’s what I have been using at every reservoir for the past month Shasta, Camanche,and Hogan. It didn’t take long to start catching them, so take your favorite bait, get on some points and don’t be afraid to fish out to 70‘.

We had such a good time that we decided to go back on Tuesday and had a another awesome day with over 30 fish, but while we where fishing Ed got a text from his son Jason that was fishing at Camanche. Jason was fishing with his son Cole and HOLY MOLY !! It was a picture of a 13.88. Jason had just caught it on a swimbait.

Congratulations to Jason.Tthat is a fish of a life time for most people! This is my favorite time of year to fish!

So put on some warm clothes and get out and enjoy some of the best fishing of the year!

I hope this helps! Good luck fishing!
stanL
Attachments
Ed Austin
Ed Austin
IMG_3503.JPG
StanL

Re: Melones, Camanche and a DOUBLE DIGIT BASS

Post by StanL »

IMG_3505.jpg
IMG_3502.JPG
marinerfandave

Re: Melones, Camanche and a DOUBLE DIGIT BASS

Post by marinerfandave »

Thanks Stan for the great report as always and information on what you guys were doing to catch em! And congrats to Jason on that pig of a bass, wow :D