Bidwell Ramp Conditions?

MT

Bidwell Ramp Conditions?

Post by MT »

Has anyone launched here recently? Wondering if you still have to go through a bunch of mud to get to the ramp? How about the parking situation?
BASNFAN

Re: Bidwell Ramp Conditions?

Post by BASNFAN »

I fished out of Bidwell on Wednesday and everything was great. There is construction equipment around and I was given to understand that some days launching can be delayed or prohibited, but no way to find out in advance.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
MT

Post by MT »

Thank you Sir.
Pat

Post by Pat »

It is my understanding that the ramp will be open through Sunday then closed Monday-Wednesday for parking lot striping. That may be delayed a day for the MLK Holliday on Monday. Here is some good info about Lake Oroville ramps, habitat projects and more:

https://water.ca.gov/News/Blog/2021/Jan ... UR03SOKi6o
sdisturber

Post by sdisturber »

If you are asking if they have cleaned the entrance road and the third ramp parking area the answer is NO and they won’t until the mid level area contractor Completes his work and releases it .I was told by the state parks local man in charge they will clean the mud soon after total completion of mid level ramp project.
MT

Post by MT »

^^Yes that is what I was asking, thanks^^
Pat

Post by Pat »

As might be expected on a sunny, 70+ degree Sunday in January, it was mobbed yesterday. The level 3 parking lot was full, the gravel area off to the side was full and the level 2 parking lot was 2/3-3/4 full. We took the grandkids out for a cruise on the lake arriving about 11:30 and pulling out just before 2. There was a line to launch and retrieve. But everyone seemed to be in a good mood. I swung by the new Loafer Creek launch ramp to check progress. It is between the houseboats and Bidwell Bridge. The race is on to stay ahead of rising water, if we ever get some rain!
LOafer creek Launch 1-15-21.jpg