3 Days of Fishing Melones

StanL

Post by StanL »

stan l 2.jpg

I fished 3 days at New Melones. I started off fishing Monday with Earl Dalton and Casey Cabral. On the way up to the lake, there was about 6” of snow on the ground. The surface temp dropped to 50°with about 10’ of visibility.

We started with jigs and dropshoting in 30 to 50 feet and the bite was slow. Until we started moving deeper and found the fish in 50’ to 60’ on rock and caught around 20 fish.

The next trip was on Saturday, I fished with George West. The sun was out and the air temperature got to the high 60s. surface temperature was 63". We both fished 3/4 oz jig’s in 30 ‘to 40 and that seemed to be the best depth for that day.

On Sunday I fished with my buddy John House and 30” to 40”seemed to be good findings. The rock seemed to be the key, but we also caught a few on a Frenzy Nail with a Zoom Trick Worm throwing up on some windy banks in less than 20 feet of water. Each trip we caught over 20 fish per day not bad for January. most of my fish came on a bass union 3/4 oz brown jig and Yamamoto Twin Tail trailer .I hope this helps.

Good luck fishing!
StanL
StanL

Re: 3 Days of Fishing Melones

Post by StanL »

stan l 3.jpg
stan l.jpg
fastfiat

Post by fastfiat »

Nice job. I fished today for a pretty good day with jigs and jerkbaits.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Great info, I am heading up there today. My wife and I will fish this afternoon and I will be fishing with my son-in-law tomorrow.
thanks!

Pat