Politics and fishing is like mixing oil in water

For political discussions
WRB

Politics and fishing is like mixing oil in water

Post by WRB »

I am a retired aerospace engineer that registered Democrat to vote for JFK, my 1St vote and last for a Dem. My career started working on Mercury and ended when The Shuttle program was ended, when it was was cancelled, it was a good career.
I was also a member of the Piceses bass club in the late 60's pursuing my goal of catching a world record bass. Came close and proud of my top 5 bass between 17 to 19 lbs.
What does any of this have to do with a bass fishing forum? Everything!
California is considered as a liberal state but voted Ronald Reagan into office in 1981-1989. Where I live I can see the Reagon library a constant reminder of better times.
IMO California isn't a liberal state in our rural areas bass anglers are overwhelmingly conservative and it's time for the silent majority to get off their butts and support the Replublican agenda including the President few like his persona. If we lose this election we lose our rights to hunt and fish. We will not have the disposable income to enjoy the sport bass fishing for 40 years.
This thread isn't about me, it's about you and your future.
Appologize in advance for the rant, it's my 1st in over 70 years.
Tom
Aka Oldschool.
Jeff C.

Re: Politics and fishing is like mixing oil in water

Post by Jeff C. »

I agree that politics and fishing don't mix. This should be moved to the Politics forum but if you want to open it up I'm fine with sharing my views. A vote for Trump is a vote for racism, ignorance, antiscience, and corruption. Trump committed treason by encouraging Putin to attack the U.S. and then he stood by Putin's side and defended him for attacking our country.

Donald Trump is mentally ill. He suffers from an extreme case of narcissistic personality disorder which has seriously impaired his ability to effectively run this country. A clear example of this is how he is dealing with the covid pandemic. Because he is afraid that people will blame him for the crisis he has decided to ignore it and just hope it goes away. As a result, the federal response is nonexistent and we are beginning to experience a wave that will lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths that could have been prevented. What will four more years under the leadership of Trump mean? Are you happy with the first four years?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Don't worry he'll be around another 4 more years. I'll vote for him again.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
WRB

Post by WRB »

Appologize for posting this in the wrong forum.
At my age the next 4 years will not affect me directly it would affect my ability to pursue bass fishing if still fishing. The next 4 years will be like nothing any of us has ever experienced.
Peace,
Tom
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

jiggin4bass wrote:Don't worry he'll be around another 4 more years. I'll vote for him again.
Your vote has no impact here but don't worry, dRump will win again as he's the "chosen one".

Then he will abolish the 2 term limit and be a 4 term President.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Northern ca. heavy democratic population Southern CA heavy democratic popuation. Central valley strong Republican population.
That why Republicans will never win this state in and election.
Stay tuned :lol:
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Clearly Jeff C is trying to be funny.
No person in their right mind .........
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Calif. Has a virus his name is Gavin Newsome.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Kennortonjr

Post by Kennortonjr »

Haha hyperbole much!?

That was a tough and rambling OP to read, can we keep this as a fishing forum. Why post this?

Thx!
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

Are you happy with the first four years?
Yup
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

Feelings VS Facts!!!!!

An ineffective crazy racist Russian spy? I've called people some awful names before but dam that is good. Well, at least he didn't criticize his hair and his orange skin complexion. I almost forgot about how Trump and the federal government got the comfort ship, mercy ship, ventilators, mask, etc to all those dem run cities. Fewer than 200 patients treated on the comfort ship. Over 3,000 ventilators sitting in a warehouse not being used. Democrat-run cities are defunding the police departments right now so lawlessness can take hold. I wouldn't be surprised if New York and San Francisco end up looking like Detriot in the near future. There is going to be a mass exodus of businesses and people and it won't be the ineffective crazy racist Russian spy's fault. TRUMP 2020!!!
Addicted Fisherman

Post by Addicted Fisherman »

The problem with a two party system is people are so blind. Covid is fake, many still believe it, because of Trump, yet It is ravaging conservative states. Hospitals are at capacity in Arizona, Florida, and Texas. Fox News is finally reporting how bad Covid is. Fox News
admitted in a court of law, one of their own reporters is for entertainment only, and not real news. Trump is the
president and neglected his duty of reading briefings, and soldiers died from
bounties. He dodged the draft because of bone spurs. Yet, his followers
maintain their duty to their leader.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

:roll: Can somebody please fined one thing Joe Biden has done in 40 years in politics.
Besides helping his son get rich and padding his daddy's bank account.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Oh boy, more Political Bull S...t !!! LOCK this thread down !! Take it where it belongs...........
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Demorats
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I think the bullet point meaning of all of this equals>...VOTE. That's all. Let the chips fall where they may////Sure having my vote harvested by the democratic party won't matter because I'm in California. You want to know how much the rest of the nation hates California. Just read what they think Joe Bidens VP pick. Now it is the color of ones skin and not their character that matters. The rest of the nation wants no part of the koolaid that the children of this state apparently drank for decades. We in Calif. get what we sow Tom...It's not coming back to the Reagen years ever Tom. The fix is in so we can all just stand down and watch her go.......Even I will be dead before any of the present communist B.S. is put to rest. Sorry the masses were spoon fed on this garbage in school most eventually have to make a living and get a clue. My Question: Why would you want to lock down a political discussion between adults on a political forum provided by the site? Just stick your head in the sand and stay away as the comments do not further anything other than YOU don't want to read this on your bass site. Understood :wink: But clearly it is not on that site for only you so don't be stingy to those who have an opinion and in my view are always welcome no matter...............
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Senkosam

Post by Senkosam »

Question: Does the amount of lies Trump's told while in office matter? Has he broken laws, especially as it concerns paying taxes and other illegalities? If it were found that he did, would it affect your support?

Never in my life did I ever expect a reality TV star be elected to office the first time much less have a good chance of reelection. The next four years under Trump may be no different than his first term, but if the millions who support him have seen the good in the man and believe he has made a positive difference, I would appreciate a list those achievements - especially those that have benefited the nation vs. the status quo of certain individuals.

Note: a discussion about Biden is NOT relevant here.
milehi

Post by milehi »

Wish I'd seen this earlier. I'm on Jeff Cs side, curious how the trump people feel now
WRB

Post by WRB »

Give Few Years then tell us how you feel about president Harris.
Tom