Opinion on iROD GENESIS 2 SWIMBAIT RODS?

DayzDynastyfishing

Opinion on iROD GENESIS 2 SWIMBAIT RODS?

Post by DayzDynastyfishing »

What y'all's opinion on the irod Genesis 2 swimbait rods?(specifically jumbo and large swimbait rod) Want to throw deps 250 and other bigger treble hook baits..
scooterb

Re: Opinion on iROD GENESIS 2 SWIMBAIT RODS?

Post by scooterb »

I am new to swimbaits and just picked up two rods to cover some of the baits I want to throw. Of course they're rather inexpensive rods, but I'm not a dedicated die hard swimbaiter and these also have good reviews. I purchased a Fury 795 and a Fury 806. Not exactly the brand you were asking about but here is why I did not purchase the IROD Jr. Swim over the Fury 795. My intention for the 795, or Jr Swim, was to throw larger topwater (6" Punkers), smaller swimbait (6" Hud), and smaller wake baits. I also intended to utilize braid to flouro or mono.

When I held both rods, they both felt great. Both handles, from reel seat to end, were relatively almost the same length. The Irod has a split grip which made the over all rod feel much lighter, probably more comfortable when using larger topwater baits. What really made my decision were the guides. The Irod Jr Swim guides are tiny! Almost micro-ish while the 795 had larger guides. For my application and intention to use braid to leader, I went with the Dobyns. Not trying to sell you anything, but just informing about the guide size on the Jr. Swim if you're planning to use braid to leader.
DDG

Post by DDG »

i highly recommend the Irod Swimbait rods
tealsprig

Post by tealsprig »

I highly recommend as well. The owner and a big part of his staff have spent a ton of time throwing Swimbaits.
JohnMarino

Post by JohnMarino »

Check out the new iRod Bailey Swimbait rod, awesome stick. Highly recommend all the iRod Swimbait rods as they are designed by the big bait posse :D
[url]http://www.calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/JohnMarino[/url]
bushmankev

Post by bushmankev »

If your looking to throw 250s get the IRod Bailey Mag rod. It’s the 865. It’s badass.