I love fishing so much I can't describe it... so here's what he did

WB Staff

I love fishing so much I can't describe it... so here's what he did

Post by WB Staff »

kid starts fishing lure business in pandemic.png
When Heath Hernandez isn't fishing, he's dreaming about fishing.

That's why the 11-year-old Youngsville boy found himself watching YouTube videos about fishing lures only a few days into Louisiana's coronavirus lockdown.

"I love fishing," Heath said. "Like, I love fishing so much I can't describe it."

Heath's passion and persistence — combined with some downtime during the pandemic — have led to a full-fledged business called 2 Deep Lures.

He's sold more lures than he can keep track of and is even sponsoring the St. Thomas More fishing team, which he hopes to join once he's old enough for high school. The fifth-grader has been homeschooled during the pandemic but plans to return to St. Cecilia in Broussard in the fall.

"It really started out at the beginning of quarantine," Heath said. "I was bored. I wanted to go fishing, and I couldn't go fishing. So I said, 'I'm going to make some baits.' But I didn't know how, so I watched a video and just got hooked on it."

Full story: https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/ne ... 2fea2.html
monte300

Re: I love fishing so much I can't describe it... so here's what he did

Post by monte300 »

When I started bass fishing 37 years ago I remember some sleepless nights due to the excitement!