Salt springs question

Freefall

Salt springs question

Post by Freefall »

I’m going to try Salt Springs Res tomorrow for the first time.

Do they have a specific time they open? I couldn’t get information on the website.

Also, having never been there, are there any hazards In the water to be aware of?

I appreciate the help.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Will C

Re: Salt springs question

Post by Will C »

They are on Face book and have a Number. I think it is 7:00.....

Yes there are obstructions due to shallow bays and some fence lines. Lots of the tombstone shaped rock piles. We see the place as a close version of the delta as it has stained water, grass, and fish shaped like footballs. A main lake with good cover on shorelines. a rip rap dam and a creek channel that winds into the main lake. Not sure how the water levels are but they should be biting. Senkos and plastics with a jerk bait or square bill would be on my deck
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Will C wrote:They are on Face book and have a Number. I think it is 7:00.....

Yes there are obstructions due to shallow bays and some fence lines. Lots of the tombstone shaped rock piles. We see the place as a close version of the delta as it has stained water, grass, and fish shaped like footballs. A main lake with good cover on shorelines. a rip rap dam and a creek channel that winds into the main lake. Not sure how the water levels are but they should be biting. Senkos and plastics with a jerk bait or square bill would be on my deck
Thank you! I appreciate the information. I don’t have any social media. I appreciate you responding.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

The lake is low but doable. If its windy it can get rough. $20 bucks for the day and if Rod isn't out there you can put the money in an envelope and drop it through the door.
I bet that water is a solid 70 degrees right now so the top water bite should be on. You can also toss jigs or senkos next to those green vines when the top water bite slows down. Chatterbait bite should also be good.
There is a point that is super shallow way out. Its on the right side of the lake across from the second bay. Just get to an area and use your trolling motor and fish in.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

salt springs.jpg
From Salt Spring Valley Reservoir on Memorial weekend last year

Didn't see hours listed on FB page either.

Salt Spring Valley Reservoir 209-785-7787
NOW OPEN

As of March 1, 2021
Limit on Pan Fish 5 per
Boat.

Bass Catch and Release

Turkey Shoot, open to the world, Bass Tournament
April 3 2021 6:00am-2:00pm

PLEASE NOTE FEE INCREASE

Day use $15.00
Launch $5.00 (unchanged)
Camping $30 per night​
Coyote Creek Country
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

talked to a tourney angler him and 2 other went out to fish did not do well at all.
lobinero

Post by lobinero »

launching can be tricky with low water. almost necessary 4 wheel drive. suggest you call before you go.