Miinn Kota Ultrex installation?

RJB

Miinn Kota Ultrex installation?

Post by RJB »

I currently have a Minnkota trolling motor on my 2013 Ranger Z119. If I buy a Ultrex can I just mount it on the boat and be good to go or will I have to do anything else? Thanks
MichaelB

Re: Miinn Kota Ultrex installation?

Post by MichaelB »

Assume you have a Fortrex. The six mounting holes will line up. I have the same boat. Accessing those same bolts under the deck is the only challenge. Rest of the install is not complicated.
Dek

Post by Dek »

Like Michael said the holes you already have will almost certainly line up with the Ultrex. There are a ton of videos on Youtube to watch about installing an Ultrex. If you are remotely handy you can do it yourself easily.
RJB

Post by RJB »

Ok sounds easy enough. Thanks guys. Guess my main question is, do I just have to bolt it on and plug it in and it will be good to go?
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

There is more to it than "bolting and plugging in"
Foot pedal needs to be screwed down in your deck recess.
Your 24v ( or 36v ) power supply needs to be reconnected.
If you are using the built-in US2 sonar transducer, that lead needs to be installed at the head and routed to your bow sonar. You will have some adjustments to make.
I have the identical boat ( 2013 Z519 ) ...... took me 4-5 hours total and I ain't no mechanical whiz.
Don't want to suggest that you attach the cradle to your top-cap, insert and tighten 6 bolts, plug-in your power supply and you're fishing. There are excellent instructions from Minn-Kota, you-tube videos. Takes a little time to do the job correctly and cleanly .......
Bassjunkie17

Post by Bassjunkie17 »

And don't forget to lay the velcro strap under before you bolt it down.

I've installed 2 Ultrexes and forgot both times!
:shock:
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

Ultrex calls for a larger circuit breaker also. It’s an easy job but it takes a little time. You also have the gps puck to mount and power up. Pretty straight forward.