Have you called Ranger Boats lately?

AnglersPursuit

Have you called Ranger Boats lately?

Post by AnglersPursuit »

They went from one of the best in the business to using White River as an answering service. "Leave a message and we'll get back to you maybe in 5-10 days".

Too funny. When you're right, you're right.
185vsfrog

Re: Have you called Ranger Boats lately?

Post by 185vsfrog »

I ordered a set of livewell lids in January for my 14’ 520c. Now April and no lids. Called last week to check the status. Was advised someone would call or email me back with update, no response. Tried calling Rangers main line last week, number was disconnected. I have the number for Parts Delt, but no one answers. Yeah you are right. Things have gone down hill for sure. Hoping I will get my lids here someday.
AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

185vsfrog wrote:I ordered a set of livewell lids in January for my 14’ 520c. Now April and no lids. Called last week to check the status. Was advised someone would call or email me back with update, no response. Tried calling Rangers main line last week, number was disconnected. I have the number for Parts Delt, but no one answers. Yeah you are right. Things have gone down hill for sure. Hoping I will get my lids here someday.
Nobody answers that number. I knew something was up when calling the direct number for the warranty guy I would talk to and it said "thank you for calling White River security desk". haha.

I should write an article on how I was treated after buying my boat. The extent I had to go to get things right and the absolute attitude I received from everyone involved in the process just to see them using White River as an answering service a couple years later.

JPFish

Post by JPFish »

White River Marine Group (owned by Bass Pro Shops) manufactures and distributes boats under brand names Ranger, Nitro, Triton, Tracker, Tahoe, Mako, Regency and Ascend.

Bass Pro Group bought Fishing Holdings LLC in 2014. Fishing Holdings LLC was the parent company of Ranger, Triton Boats and Stratos Boats.

Not too surprising you get White River answering service when calling Ranger boats.
RJB

Post by RJB »

Not surprising, I’ve heard that everything has gone to hell since Basspro bought up everything.
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

That’s too bad. I would expect more from a top of the line boat company.
One of the reasons I went with Basscat. They are very easy to reach out to. Online and on the phone, they answer questions. Even for guys like me with a 14 year old boat.
Wormin

Post by Wormin »

KB incoming in 5-4-3-2-
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Dam I better not call Monark bassboats then they may put me on hold.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

Champion Jon wrote:That’s too bad. I would expect more from a top of the line boat company.
One of the reasons I went with Basscat. They are very easy to reach out to. Online and on the phone, they answer questions. Even for guys like me with a 14 year old boat.
Sadly, that's all I've been trying to do. Asking them to stand behind their brand was too much already so instead of waste my time going that route the question was simple "what is the textured paint you used that is bubbling all over the deck 3 years after buying new". Shoot, I may have even asked to speak to someone about best way to remove said bubbles. The horror of such a call. "He wants to ask us a question? THE AUDACITY!". :D

"Leave a message and someone will get back to you in 5-10 days.....hopefully".
AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

JPFish wrote:White River Marine Group (owned by Bass Pro Shops) manufactures and distributes boats under brand names Ranger, Nitro, Triton, Tracker, Tahoe, Mako, Regency and Ascend.

Bass Pro Group bought Fishing Holdings LLC in 2014. Fishing Holdings LLC was the parent company of Ranger, Triton Boats and Stratos Boats.

Not too surprising you get White River answering service when calling Ranger boats.
2015 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2016 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2017 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2018 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2019 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2020 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2021 - Thank you for calling White River, leave a message with our answering service and someone may call you back in 5-10 days.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Phoenix & Basscat have the best customer support in the industry !...
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Not defending their responsiveness ...... but for a 3 year old boat, have you contacted the Dealer where you bought it new ?
kb

Post by kb »

I cannot contact someone using their WB.com handle so Anglers Pursuit if you would like to pm a name and number or email address I can try to help you get in touch with the correct person that can help you with your boat.

Kent Brown
California Regional Sales Manager
White River Marine
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

No reason to call Ranger directly as a consumer whatsoever. Call your dealer and they can get you TCO. That's how they make a living. And NO the parts are no cheaper direct from the factory, they are the same as you will pay for at your dealer. When you need a part for your Chevy truck do you call the plant in Detroit? Call your dealer and if you have a used Ranger that did not come thru a dealer my suggestion is make a relationship with your local dealer anyway. Sorry for being blunt but it is what it is and as a dealer we have no issue getting thru to anyone in any department. Rick G
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

MichaelB wrote:Not defending their responsiveness ...... but for a 3 year old boat, have you contacted the Dealer where you bought it new ?
Fixing the boat myself has been way more effective.
Last edited by AnglersPursuit on Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

Rick G wrote:No reason to call Ranger directly as a consumer whatsoever. Call your dealer and they can get you TCO. That's how they make a living. And NO the parts are no cheaper direct from the factory, they are the same as you will pay for at your dealer. When you need a part for your Chevy truck do you call the plant in Detroit? Call your dealer and if you have a used Ranger that did not come thru a dealer my suggestion is make a relationship with your local dealer anyway. Sorry for being blunt but it is what it is and as a dealer we have no issue getting thru to anyone in any department. Rick G
There's some assumptions here which is cool, you don't know the history. I do it myself. Which has been cool since outside of the motor I'm damn near a boat tech. 8)

*Point of this post wasn't to bring up old history. Just wanted to point out that when you experience a long time established brand do a 180* on their marketing and promises, it's usually a sign. Looking back, they had probably already checked out knowing where the brand was heading.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Actually I have. It took 2 weeks to get through and 4 weeks to get the fuel gauge ordered., and now I have to try oncemore for a sending unit. Typically I do not usually comment negatively regarding mfgs. However, what White Water River Group has done to Ranger Boats speaks for itself, and yes, IMHO they are intentionally attempting to drive consumers to their dealerships, and want nothing to do with consumer direct support.

Problem is, few dealerships can handle the added burden. Few can, more cannot and follow through is rare. Again, IMHO.

Personally, after owning Ranger Boats exclusively for nearly 40 years now, I will never buy another. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Mike

Post by Mike »

This is the exact reason I switched to Phoenix after being a loyal Ranger owner for 25+ years. Phoenix answers the phone first try and has sent me a couple parts that I needed withOut charge. They definitely stand behind their boats. It a shame what Ranger has become.
OG on WB since 1993
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Update. Checked my Amex and Ranger charged me in January to make my livewell lids. It’s now April and still no lids. Called Ranger two times. Got the answering service for Ranger. Main number is disconnected. Parts number is the only number to get through, but only the answering service. They advised someone will call me back but so far one week no call back. Hope this gets better as I’m not trying to be like Mike and buy a brand new Phoenix! Just want my livewell lids and to keep fishing. Kent Brown chime in please.....
Baseball

Post by Baseball »

Funny and just my luck. Called Ranger yesterday to order new live well lids. Got a receptionist saying that the parts department was busy building boats and will get back to me soon. I guess I’m screwed. Should I call a Ranger dealer?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Baseball wrote:Funny and just my luck. Called Ranger yesterday to order new live well lids. Got a receptionist saying that the parts department was busy building boats and will get back to me soon. I guess I’m screwed. Should I call a Ranger dealer?
Yes.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
kb

Post by kb »

185Frog I sent you a pm

Kent Brown
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Hey guys. Spoke to KB. He was able to get some insight on my lids. They are getting built, just taking some time. I appreciate you getting back to me Kent and helping!
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

FYI, I dealt with Ranger parts extensively back in Dec/January for over a months time ( restoring son's 99 461 ), I ordered a lot of parts, had to go back/forth as I had to confirm measurements of locker lids, trailer fenders, etc. I found that calling first thing in the morning really helped. Start calling at 05:30 - 06:00 a.m. our time. I think they start at 07:30 their time ?? I'd call 1-3 times every 5- 10 minutes and get an answer, if not, repeat next morning, would get through. If I started calling later in morning no luck getting picked up and return calls took a long time !
~ Tony
H2Fish

Post by H2Fish »

Was top of the line. Move on over Ranger, Triton and Nitro. Hearing nothing but unacceptable quality issues!
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

Look into Phoenix. You won’t be disappointed
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

185vsfrog wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 am Hey guys. Spoke to KB. He was able to get some insight on my lids. They are getting built, just taking some time. I appreciate you getting back to me Kent and helping!
Kent is one of the best when it comes to customer service...He gets it !

The sad part is that it takes a Regional Sales Manager to get involved to handle a simple parts order as I'm sure he has a lot more to do than running around putting out small fires. Good Job Kent.

Sounds like Ranger is trying to push customers to their dealers to handle parts/questions, ect. which it should be that way anyway...BUT to find a dealer that knows what GOOD customer service is, is tough. Most are so short handed they can't do their jobs as they should be. It's Best to build a "good first name relationship" with your local dealer/parts people and go from there.

In the last few years and mainly since this covid crap, there is no such thing as "customer service" in so many businesses any more. And to try and call someone on the phone, even in small businesses...forget it !!!

On a more positive note... I been hearing a lot of good things about C&C marine in Modesto...which is refreshing for sure !
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

I for one, did go to my dealer, with a charger issue. That was back in May. Still no word from the dealer on the new charger. What I don't understand is if WRM is building boats, why aren't they sending out parts (in a timely fashion). Yeah, Yeah I know. Supply chain issues. Same ol song and dance. Waited 4 months for a gas gauge at another dealer, and now waiting for speedometer as all gauges are connected. So as the old Piers Plowman poem goes, "Patience is a Virtue, but there comes a time when you must stop being patient and take the day by the throat and shake it. If it fights back; FINE"
Still waiting
TL FE
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

This is why I do All my own repairs and work.
First thing I do is buy the manuals for my junk.

With the right literature and tools there is not many things we can’t do on our own in a timely fashion
Yes some things are too difficult but many
DonkeysOnly

Post by DonkeysOnly »

Ranger dealers are are garbage period!!! No kind of customer service at all. Last year I purchase a brand new ranger 521L from a ranger dealer down south (Pro choice marine) with a lowrance package which came with a ghost TM and 3 hds 12 live units. On my second outing with my brand new boat on Clearlake pre fishing for a tourney my trolling motor stopped working called the ranger dealer I purchased my boat from they told me to call lowrance which was the worst thing ever smh!!! They said it’s not their problem because it’s a lowrance product but lowrance told me that the dealer I purchased the boat from could of installed it wrong so they tried to pawn the problem back to the ranger dealer. Basically everyone one involved gave me the run around for about a week I missed my tournament. Finally someone from lowrance told me I had to take off TM and send it in to one of their authorized dealers in Washington it took about another 2 weeks before they called me back to say there was a lose screw in the head that was creating a short… over all worse customer service ever. I feel like if u are just an everyday hard working guy that just loves to fish then these big companies don’t give a f$&@ about you once they have your money. I wonder if I was a Ish Monroe, Justin Lucas, mark daniels jr. Skeet Reese would I have gotten the same run around??? Over all it’s been the worst $87 thousand I ever spent
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I wouldn't call that a Ranger issue that was a Lowrance or Pro Choice Marine issue.
If you were a high profile customer then you would have had the red carpet rolled out for you. You would have had a new trolling motor installed in minutes. People like you and me get the shaft once places like Pro Choice or C&C Marine take our money. Most of these dealers are a JOKE.
A lot of these fishermen are a joke as well. Something minor goes wrong with their precious boat and they think a "professional" has to fix it. Get in there and fix your turd yourself. All anybody's boat is is something to stand on to catch a fish.
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

Some
Last edited by JVGondal on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

Some of the above mentioned “high profile”
Rig their own boats. Knowing how your stuff works and being able to repair it is part of operating a boat.
That being said our brand new stuff should not be giving us problems but it does. There is a lot going on with a bass boat. We are bound to have issues with a newly rigged boat
That’s just how it is
DonkeysOnly

Post by DonkeysOnly »

The whole reason and purpose of buying a new boat with new electronics etc… is to have a worry free boat!!! I understand if my boat was 10 years old… but like I said in my previous post I just your average blue collar working class guy that fishes on the week end so none of these companies gives 2 sh!ts about us… to be honest at the end of the day we are really the people that are purchasing these things at retail price not these pros… so you would think we would be looked at and taken cared of a little better… not trying to stir anything up just speaking facts about how these companies become once they build a name for themselves… it’s all about how much money they can make and what can they do to sell more!!! It’s sad how companies like ranger, lowrance have become!!!
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

DonkeysOnly wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:57 am The whole reason and purpose of buying a new boat with new electronics etc… is to have a worry free boat!!! I understand if my boat was 10 years old… but like I said in my previous post I just your average blue collar working class guy that fishes on the week end so none of these companies gives 2 sh!ts about us… to be honest at the end of the day we are really the people that are purchasing these things at retail price not these pros… so you would think we would be looked at and taken cared of a little better… not trying to stir anything up just speaking facts about how these companies become once they build a name for themselves… it’s all about how much money they can make and what can they do to sell more!!! It’s sad how companies like ranger, lowrance have become!!!
I agree 100%. Is BS. We shouldn’t have to hassle with new boats. Once they get our money they could careless
Because I know this I refuse to take my stuff in until it’s the very last option
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

DonkeysOnly wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:08 pm Ranger dealers are are garbage period!!! No kind of customer service at all. Last year I purchase a brand new ranger 521L from a ranger dealer down south (Pro choice marine) with a lowrance package which came with a ghost TM and 3 hds 12 live units. On my second outing with my brand new boat on Clearlake pre fishing for a tourney my trolling motor stopped working called the ranger dealer I purchased my boat from they told me to call lowrance which was the worst thing ever smh!!! They said it’s not their problem because it’s a lowrance product but lowrance told me that the dealer I purchased the boat from could of installed it wrong so they tried to pawn the problem back to the ranger dealer. Basically everyone one involved gave me the run around for about a week I missed my tournament. Finally someone from lowrance told me I had to take off TM and send it in to one of their authorized dealers in Washington it took about another 2 weeks before they called me back to say there was a lose screw in the head that was creating a short… over all worse customer service ever. I feel like if u are just an everyday hard working guy that just loves to fish then these big companies don’t give a f$&@ about you once they have your money. I wonder if I was a Ish Monroe, Justin Lucas, mark daniels jr. Skeet Reese would I have gotten the same run around??? Over all it’s been the worst $87 thousand I ever spent
So your from Northern Cal and Fish Clear lake and went all the way to Missouri to buy a new Ranger instead of buying from Gone Fishin, C and C, Marine Unlimited or the dudes in Redding, all who would have helped you if you spent your hard earned $ with them? Let me guess? Pro's Choice was cheaper? Bottom line is yes your **** should work the first time, getting a new boat should be your BEST day not your worst, but boats and their accessories are built by humans and **** goes wrong. That's when having a good LOCAL dealer pays off. Rick G
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rick G wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:41 am
DonkeysOnly wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:08 pm Ranger dealers are are garbage period!!! No kind of customer service at all. Last year I purchase a brand new ranger 521L from a ranger dealer down south (Pro choice marine) with a lowrance package which came with a ghost TM and 3 hds 12 live units. On my second outing with my brand new boat on Clearlake pre fishing for a tourney my trolling motor stopped working called the ranger dealer I purchased my boat from they told me to call lowrance which was the worst thing ever smh!!! They said it’s not their problem because it’s a lowrance product but lowrance told me that the dealer I purchased the boat from could of installed it wrong so they tried to pawn the problem back to the ranger dealer. Basically everyone one involved gave me the run around for about a week I missed my tournament. Finally someone from lowrance told me I had to take off TM and send it in to one of their authorized dealers in Washington it took about another 2 weeks before they called me back to say there was a lose screw in the head that was creating a short… over all worse customer service ever. I feel like if u are just an everyday hard working guy that just loves to fish then these big companies don’t give a f$&@ about you once they have your money. I wonder if I was a Ish Monroe, Justin Lucas, mark daniels jr. Skeet Reese would I have gotten the same run around??? Over all it’s been the worst $87 thousand I ever spent
So your from Northern Cal and Fish Clear lake and went all the way to Missouri to buy a new Ranger instead of buying from Gone Fishin, C and C, Marine Unlimited or the dudes in Redding, all who would have helped you if you spent your hard earned $ with them? Let me guess? Pro's Choice was cheaper? Bottom line is yes your **** should work the first time, getting a new boat should be your BEST day not your worst, but boats and their accessories are built by humans and **** goes wrong. That's when having a good LOCAL dealer pays off. Rick G
This is so true.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I'm with Rick G
People who buy out of state to try to save a buck when buying a boat. Well if you have problems take it back to the dealer you bought it from. If you can't do business with local dealers then your out of luck if something quits working. It's not a local dealers problem if it's not bought from them. Or fix it yourself it's that simple. I for one wouldn't bash any of these local dealers or blame them I'm sure there very busy trying to keep there own customers happy
During this time of year. Don't expect dealer to work on rigs not bought from them it don't work that way kids.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I think the guy with the trolling motor issue was expecting some type of dealer network like Chevy or Ford has. He called up the dealer he bought the boat from and was probably hoping they could have it authorized to be fixed right away at Bass Pro in Rocklin. Is that too much to ask from a manufacturer after dropping $87K for a new boat?
Either the dealer he bought the boat from didn't care enough to look and see if he could get it fixed at Bass Pro or Johnny Morris is a moron for not having a huge network of repair facilities available for his boat brands as a selling point.