Spawning at Lake shasta

BASNFAN

Spawning at Lake shasta

Post by BASNFAN »

Hi guys! I will be fishing Shasta Monday thru Friday this next week. I would guess that there might be some early spawning going on about now but would most likely guess that the majority of bass are staging and in pre-spawn. Can anyone confirm or deny? Thanks in advance.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
Jboutfishn

Re: Spawning at Lake shasta

Post by Jboutfishn »

The water temps were 53 to 55 10 days ago. Wish I could be more help but will be without boat for the next two months. :(
BAble

Post by BAble »

Call Phil’s Props in Redding, they are an amazing business. I have called them and/or stopped by on the way to the lake and they have always provided great advice.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

Thanks guys! I go up every year but just a little later normally, so I guess I will find out when we get there on Monday. And I always have to stop by Phils during the trip for a little info and to leave a few bucks behind. :)
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

Give Jay Liu a call (JLS). Always has up to date info too.
And he can fix your Trolling motor too. :D
Water_Dog

Post by Water_Dog »

They've been spawning. That lake is fishing tough this year, all out of sorts from the lack of winter. Try an array of stuff.