Trees along the Delta

Caliyak

Trees along the Delta

Post by Caliyak »

Hey guys, I am looking for areas/sections of the Delta that have a lot of trees. A friend and I are going kayak fishing and he is really sensitive to the sun. So I was hoping to find sections that he can fish in the shade.
Please help
Leo Cantu
Kayak angler
Home lake: Lake Success
To God be the Glory.
monte300

Re: Trees along the Delta

Post by monte300 »

Caliyak wrote:Hey guys, I am looking for areas/sections of the Delta that have a lot of trees. A friend and I are going kayak fishing and he is really sensitive to the sun. So I was hoping to find sections that he can fish in the shade.
Please help
There are some trees on an island that provides shade trees and a couple of coves on Connection Slough between Bacon Island and Little Mandeville Island. If winds are high be careful because some of those trees are known to have big branches break
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Caliyak wrote:Hey guys, I am looking for areas/sections of the Delta that have a lot of trees. A friend and I are going kayak fishing and he is really sensitive to the sun. So I was hoping to find sections that he can fish in the shade.
Please help
Where do you plan to launch?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Caliyak

Post by Caliyak »

monte300 wrote:
Please help
There are some trees on an island that provides shade trees and a couple of coves on Connection Slough between Bacon Island and Little Mandeville Island. If winds are high be careful because some of those trees are known to have big branches break
Thank you so much.
Leo Cantu
Kayak angler
To God be the Glory.
Caliyak

Post by Caliyak »

mark poulson wrote:
Please help
With all that I've looked, Tracy Oasis or Wimpy's. I was think San Joaquin around Manteca, over by Bass Pro area. I was also thinking about Stockton at Buckley or over by Garlic brothers and go into the town. I just want more open areas.
Leo Cantu
Kayak angler
To God be the Glory.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Caliyak wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
Please help
With all that I've looked, Tracy Oasis or Wimpy's. I was think San Joaquin around Manteca, over by Bass Pro area. I was also thinking about Stockton at Buckley or over by Garlic brothers and go into the town. I just want more open areas.
I was going to suggest Tinsley Island, which has a lot of trees, but I don't know anywhere close for you to launch.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Generally speaking areas on the Delta with lots of trees are few and far between
fishwithwill

Post by fishwithwill »

Delta meadows up towards Wimpy's, maybe New Hope Landing near Walnit Grove ...lots of trees and protected areas...bring bug spray